“Beautiful”

Pictured Rocks Cruises
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Munising
More attraction details
Owner description: Come aboard Pictured Rocks Cruises, the only boat cruise touring the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Pictured Rocks Cruises, Inc. is the only authorized concessionaire of the National Park Service to provide interpretive programming on cruises of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Pictured Rocks Cruises has been guiding the public to view the magnificent Pictured Rocks for over 50 years.“The Only Official Boat Cruise of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore”
Brighton
“Beautiful”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Wow, so wonderful to have a beautiful lakeshore in Michigan, we enjoyed our cruise, and the history of The Pictured Rocks!!

Naples, Florida
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“A spectacular experience”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was a beautiful view of the Pictured Rocks. We took the three hour 2pm ferry tour. The weather was beautiful, the captain who narrated the tour was very personable and it was a very pleasant experience. I would definitely recommend this outing!

1 Thank Harrisgumby
Grand Rapids, Michigan
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Arrive early if you want to take pictures”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

You simply MUST see Pictured Rocks from the water. The cruise is the best way. I like the idea of kayaks, but it's a long trip. Hiking the area will get you some great views, but you won't get views like this. If you take the time to hike the trails, you will see a LOT more, but not the up close views of the rocks.

I didn't understand why they called it Pictured Rocks. Even the rangers at the visitor's centers didn't tell me why. It was the Captain of the cruise who explained that people see pictures in the leechings. I didn't see any, but I'm not very imaginative.

I really enjoyed the cruise. I was lucky enough to spot an Eagle at Miners Castle. The cruise was a little long, but not by too much. I sat on top and had no trouble hearing the Captain. Beware: if you sit next to one of the speakers, it might be too loud for you. I would highly suggest you take the time to do this. It's not terribly expensive.

However, if you go, I would suggest you show up an hour or more early. I showed up 45 minutes early and still I had to sit on the left side of the top of the boat. There really are only about 10 seats that are ideal for taking pictures. On all of the rest you'll have to deal with people standing (even after being told that they can't stand), or just a group of people's heads in your pictures. I noticed that the back rail was filled from the moment the captain said go.

If you do get a seat on the upper right side of the boat, you won't want to get up because that would entail crossing over a handfull of people in and out. You may have to wrestle your spot back from the people who took it while you were gone. Take snacks and drinks with you so you don't have to leave your seat.

If you end up on the left side of the boat, then be patient and take your pictures on the return trip. It's not quite as good because the boat goes a bit quicker on the return, but you'll get your pictures with less impediments.

I'd go again, but only if I was taking others who haven't been before. Otherwise, this is a one time deal. From this point on, I hike.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful national park”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Pictured Rocks area is breathtaking with many miles of scenic shoreline. The boat takes you right alongside and into the rock structures. There are waterfalls that can only be seen from the boat and the crew does an excellent job providing an interesting and informative narrative. If you want to get on the upper deck plan to arrive early.

Visited August 2013
Solomon, Kansas
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“beautiful rocks”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We really enjoyed our trip to the pictured rocks. The boat was really comfortable with seating inside and on top. The narration was good and easy to hear. The length of the trip, around 3 hours, was about right. I would suggest sitting near the rear and then when allowed get up and stand at the rail on the right side. This is the best place for viewing and picture taking.

1 Thank markels