“Not the best...go to the Haywire instead!”

Dogpatch Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 32 Restaurants in Munising
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Food just average, okay salad bar, overpriced. Take time to drive 15 miles out of town to Haywire....much better food, excellent pasties (much better than Muldoons) and good prices!

1  Thank suzieg24
Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I took our daughter (13) and son (9) for dinner after a day at Pictured Rocks. The service is pretty good, we were seated and waited on pretty quickly. The food is a bit expensive, but I'm thinking this is partially because of the tourist season and I give any place a pass on that. My son is gluten free dairy free, so I ordered him the grilled chicken breast which also comes with the salad bar. He had salad and a chicken rice soup, so we were glad he was able to eat a significant portion of food. I ordered the fried chicken dinner which also comes with the salad bar. The chicken was good, only a little greasy and it was at least half a chicken. My husband had the fish sandwich and thought it was good. I can't remember what my daughter ate, but she liked it as well.

This is a bar and pretty dark, but I didn't have any issues having the kids there.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Not many restaurants in Munising so the Dogpatch and Sydneys are about your best choice. The whitefish was awesome and my husband & daughter had steaks which they said were done perfectly.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is one of the best restaurants I've been to. Our server was shockingly awesome. Very polite, very accommodating, very helpful. Food is very good and well priced. Great atmosphere. Best in Munising!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The friends that we went camping with have been wanting to try this place so we gave it a go. The staff was very good at setting up a spot for 17 of us, they were very accommodating for a small establishment. The food was not worth what we paid, our family of five can get much better quality food for the $64.00 we shelled out. I doubt we will go back when we visit Munising again. I can get better food for cheaper at The Navigator.