All reviewscorned beef hashfront deskpictured rockshot tubcomfy reclinergas stationin townrecommend this hotelno elevatorguest laundryroom was cleanbreakfast was deliciousfridge freezernice hoteltwo storyfree breakfastclean place
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

Friendly, helpful staff and well maintained facility. Very clean, bed was very comfortable, everything was in good shape but room lighting was a little dim. We'd stay there again. Located just outside Munising in Wetmore (3 minutes to downtown Munising) and very close to Wagner Falls.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Marie S, Owner at North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you for staying with us again. Thank you for taking the time to share a review of our hotel too. This means alot to us and I have a great staff!

Reviewed August 1, 2017

A few years ago we stayed in Munising at the only hotel available at the time and wished we had not done so. We were a little leery since North Star was not a brand known to us, but we were very happy with our stay. The room and the hotel are clean and tidy and the desk clerk suggested we might want to eat at the Bear Trap restaurant not far from the hotel. We took her advice and were pleased again. We would certainly stay at this hotel again if in the area. Also, the Wi-Fi is very fast!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Marie S, Owner at North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of our hotel. We are glad that the hotel was up to your standard of cleanliness and enjoyed your stay. This is important.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel! I normally only stay at high end hotels because I have to have a clean place but I am so glad we found the North Star Hotel! It is really clean and the staff is wonderful! It is close to the beaches, waterfalls, and all of the boat tours and boat rentals. The staff actually goes through a map of the area with you and points out different places and sights to see. The housekeeping staff do an excellent job!!! Thank you North Star Hotel staff! We will be back and we will recommend you to everyone!
Kris and Doug

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ksayles73
Marie S, Owner at North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel for others to read. I have a great staff that work for me, who care about the place they work at. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the Munising area.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

Found this hotel doing internet search. Nice, comfortable beds with lots of big pillows.. Clean and quiet. Lots of choices for the free breakfast plus make your own waffles. Easy, quick check in and friendly staff. Good experience.....

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Marie S, Owner at North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay !! Come visit us again when visiting Munising.

Reviewed July 21, 2017

We have stayed here before when it was a super 8. Checked in had room ready for us. I looked at the bill and I seem a 6% tax besides the 6% sale tax, total of 12%.
I ask about the addition 6% tax and was total it is a Michigan tourism tax that all hotels and motels have to pay to the state.
At the next hotel we stayed at in Michigan I was told it's a 5% tax paid to the state.
After getting home I did some checking and there isn't any tourism tax in the upper Michigan. I will start asking from now on before I book a room for the amount and type of tax they are charging.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Marie S, Owner at North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

Yes, it is law for Michigan for any hotels or motels with 10 plus rooms must charge 6% tourism tax on top of the 6% state sales tax. I am not sure where you got your information, call the state tourism and our tax is UPTRA. This tourism tax is collected in all states.