“Best food around, hands down!!!!”
Review of Johnny Dogs

Johnny Dogs
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Munising
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Best food around, hands down!!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best food around, and that has nothing to do with little options, it's that good!!! Ever since coming across Johnny dogs while researching Munising, I counldnt wait to eat here. It sure didn't disappoint! To start I had piggy fries, there's no way to pass these up, fresh cut fries covered in pulled pork, tons of cheese and orange pop BBQ, and ranch(which I left off) I don't think anything else needs to be said about the fries, the description should say it All!!!! I also tried the Carolina dog with the fries, which is a pretty good sized dog topped with pulled pork, orange pop BBQ and coleslaw, equally delicious as the fries! The only part that bummed me out was that I never made it back to purchase a jar of their homemade orange pop sauce before I left town. If you plan on eating here I recommend getting there early as seating is limited and the line isn't! I consider this a MUST stop, wish it wasn't so far from home!

“Great food, but you got to get there before 4pm”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The food is great. But the door is closed after 4pm, due to whatever reasons the owner put in the board. I stayed in town for 3 days, and it happened to me twice. The owner needs more storage room, I guess.

• Visited August 2014
Pinehurst, Texas
“U gotta stop!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Based on TA recommendation, we stopped and had lunch. Not much to look at but boy is the food great. We had a fish sandwich and some piggy fries as recommended. Holy-cow, what a treat! Fries somethered with pulled pork, ranch dressing, and their special orange pop BBQ sauce. It's the best I have ever tasted. I actually went back the next day and purchased 2 pints of the stuff. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2014
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
“Great food!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Second visit to Johnny Dogs, and both times were very happy with our choices! This time, Hubby and I had the Chicago Dogs and it was delicious and unique! Fries were very good also. Worth finding this gem in Munising!

• Visited July 2014
Naples, Florida
“Great creative hot dogs!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

If you can't find a hot dog creation here that you love, than you can't find one anywhere! We stopped in here after reading favorable reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed! Our only problem was there were SO MANY choices and too little time to decide! My husband and I decided on the Chicago hot dog, my daughter got one with chili and jalapenos and our son in law got the South Carolina hot dog (cole slaw on top) We were all very pleased with our selection. We also got the home made french fries which are wonderful (like those you get at a State Fair) and my daughter got the "piggy fries". What a concoction that was!!! Fries with pulled pork, cheese, ranch dressing....a meal in itself! She loved it.
There is no indoor seating, just a small porch with a couple of tables and also a few picnic tables out on the lawn....very casual but very good. If I get back to this area I will definitely return!

• Visited August 2014