“Piggy Fries”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

You have to try this place if you have the chance. It is the bomb . Everything on the menu is fantastic. I've never had a bad meal. You won't be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Johnny Dogs

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We were traveling home from Marquette and ended up in Munising mid afternoon and needed to stop for food. We came by Johnny Dogs by a quick search on trip advisor and decided to give it a try. The process is a little quirky at first, but this is one thing that makes it fun.

Johnny dogs is a little building behind a pub called the Barge inn and connected by a deck and covered walkway. You can order your food at Johnny dogs then walk over to the Barge inn ant they will deliver it to your table. I think the Barge inn does not have a kitchen, and Johnny dogs does not serve adult beverages so it is a perfect match. We were there in the winter but in the summer time it looks like there is an abundance of seating in a little garden area beside the bar.

The hot dogs were awesome, I had something called the home wrecker that was deep fried with chilli and jalapenos ect and my wife and daughter had something called a north Carolina that had coleslaw and some other toppings, but they both loved it. The hot dogs are a higher quality meat, I did not ask but they reminded me of the authentic Vienna style kosher dogs you get in Chicago. Not to mention the french fries are a must, and wont leave you un satisfied, although I will ask for light salt next time.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family stopped here on a Michigan road trip after reading TripAdvisor reviews. The hot dogs were amazing. There are so many options and everything is done fresh. Let's just say it was worth waking a sleeping toddler to eat here and Johnny Dogs is a key reason I want to repeat this particular trip. I wish they delivered to Chicago!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food rivals the best food in the country. It's cooked to perfection by the owner who is a passionate chef, who chooses the best of ingredients, and always has some innovative dishes. Fish tacos and soups are fabulous. Hotdogs and brats are ingeniously cooked and prepared. You won't go wrong ordering anything on the menu.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

There are not a lot of places to eat in Munising, so imagine our surprise to find Johnny Dogs! We took the suggestions we read on another website, and ordered the fish tacos. The fish was fresh and from Lake Superior. They were delicious! You gotta try them!