“I have stayed several times here.”

and 1 more site!
Superior Motel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Munising B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went back and stayed there again as we really enjoyed our stay the last time. Again we brought our dog with us and it was no problem having her there.Last time the room we got had 2 queen beds but this time we opted for a single queen bed. The room was great, the decor is just as the website shows, coffee in the room, microwave and fridge also in the room. When I ran out of coffee I went to the desk and got more with out any problems. The heat and Air conditioner worked great, we had to use the heater, as it was cold the night we arrived. The bed was very comfortable shower great, was warm and cozy. I will stay there again! A very pleasant stay again! The noise of the road M-28 we never heard at all that night.

Room Tip: Any room there is a good room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 28, 2013

On a trip last summer we have booked room at this place. Price are reasonable and rooms were clean and comfortable to stay. It was close to tourist spot and it was center of the city surrounded with lots of restaurant around this motel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Nice, clean, rustic motel with lots of charm inside. Staff and owner were very friendly and helpful. Rates were reasonable. I also liked that they had a fridge in the room. We got to park in front of our door which is always nice when unloading and loading our stuff. Close to restaurants and other places of interest. We had a room next to the road, and was woke up to the noise of garbage trucks, and semis running through town fairly early. Not the motels fault, but try to get a room away from the road as far as you can. I would stay here again next trip to Munising as I like the charm of old mom and pop motels versus chain hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

On a trip in April to a family wedding in Michigan, we needed to stay over one night somewhere along the way. As we wanted to make the first day a longer one we looked for somewhere to stay past Marquette. We have driven through Munising many times but never stayed there and we had never paid close attention to what was available there for motels. We did a Google search prior to leaving home and came up with this place as one of three, the other two being chains we recognized. Now, I am all for staying in a chain which I know will be close to what I expect. My husband though, is a bit less willing to part with his money for a simple overnight stay on the road. As we got to Munising, we were hungry and had not yet resolved the "where to stay question" so we stopped at the Hardee's as a quick hunger solution. My husband stepped outside for something, and upon his return he said, "So how about staying over there, across the road?" There were NO cars to be seen there, and it was very small, but I thought, "Well we can look?" My big needs that night were TV (for the weather, news and American Idol<BG>) and wifi, so we could connect with our family and friends. Being it was close and it was getting later, I figured we could at least look. Glad we did.

The motel is neat and in good shape. The lobby is nice, with a northern woodsy kind of feel to it. The desk attendant was pleasant and when asked about the TV and wifi, confirmed there were both.

We were given the first room beside the lobby. It was spacious, with one queen sized bed, which turned out to be very comfortable, and a small couch in front of the window. The temperature, once turned up worked well and it quickly became comfortable to sit around in a shirt; the motel does not provide in-room tissues (that came as a slight surprise, but I guess it is due to my "chain experiences" perhaps), everything smelled fresh, the drapes were dark when pulled, and worked properly to completely cover the window, the bathroom was clean, with towels, cloths and toilet tissue provided. The lights all worked, there was a coffee maker, coffee and tea provided. The remote for the TV worked and a good TV menu selector was provided. Mainstream channels were available (yes we did see American Idol thank goodness!<bg>) and we were able to check on the weather and the news. Parking was easy right in front of our room and the entry into our room was from the walk in front of the parking area, making it easy to unload and load the car. Although this motel faces the main highway through Munising, there was no noise in the room over the course of our stay.

The price for the room was right at around $ 50.00. Saving the extra $ 50.00 + we would have paid for a chain motel stay, when we were JUST staying for sleeping, was great. As two adults, on a trip from A to B, we really did not need all the amenities provided by a chain such as a pool, a business center, a fitness area or an in-hotel restaurant. This place is in a good location, right across the road from Hardee's, with several other places to eat within a mile or less, and also not far from a supermarket,.

The motel website does say there has been upgrading to this motel and I think that is correct. Nothing looked old or shabby and certainly there were walls of real pine, although only one in the room we were in. I had the impression, from the website I checked to find out about motels there before left home, that it was totally finished with pine on all the walls in all rooms.

Having stayed there in the "off season" I am not sure that the $ 50.00 price range will be the same in the summer travel season. Obviously with several places to stay in Munising, a small place like this one will be taking all the customers they get and would have to lower prices to stay in competition with the chain places, many of which do charge lower than $ 100 per night at this time of year.

It is a long "day" trip from the NW Ontario area where we live (north of International Falls, Minnesota) to Munising if one is going to travel to Michigan, especially to the lower peninsula. We left home at 6:20 a.m. and we travel the speed limit plus whatever is acceptable in any given local area. We had no bad weather or road stoppages, just the usual stops for fuel and coffee breaks and lunch. We arrived in Munising around 7:30 that evening, after crossing the time zone line between CST and EST. So we traveled for about 12 hours. We have this motel now added to our list of "place to stay" when we are going to visit family in Michigan". It was a good choice!

Room Tip: When there is snow in the parking lot at this place, then ask the desk attendant to give you a room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank catabroad
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This motel is very clean. It has a rustic up to date decor. Being that is was December, which is their off season, they had a flat rate of $50 for the night. They gave us a room that had 2 beds and one of the beds was in a separate room with a bed. The beds were extremely comfortable. Right off the highway which was surprisingly quiet, but that could because it is the off season and not a lot of traffic. Only complain I have, was that has snowed a bit several days earlier and the parking lot was not shoveled. For my son and I that is no big deal for for my 75 yrs father who has no feeling from the ankle down in one foot and can easily slip, that is a problem. Luckily there was a parking spot a couple of rooms down from ours that the snow had melted and we parked there so my father would not have a problem. My father was very impressed with the motel. The staff was very friendly. We wished were staying for more then one night because it was a very nice motel and was the best price in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This motel had one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The decor cute and done in up north country. It had older furnishings, but well kept and clean. It had a full tub, microwave and fridge, and in room coffee maker. It faces the main street, but the noise level wasn't bad. Overall great value!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is clean, however it is pretty outdated. There are very few channels on the tv to choose from. Bed is in need of replacement. It's ok for a quick one night stop. Wouldn't want to spend more than one night here. Reasonable priced.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ginlee42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Munising
Roam Inn
Roam Inn
#1 of 11 in Munising
Pictured Rocks Inn & Suites

Been to Superior Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!