“Warm, wonderful lunch”

Falling Rock Cafe & Book Store
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Munising
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A charming cafe bookstore. Great food, friendly service, coffe and espresso drinks, 25,000 books, music, art and much more to choose from!
South Bend, Indiana
“Warm, wonderful lunch”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Had a hearty & warm lunch here before exploring Picture Rocks. I had beef noodle soup, he had chicken & wild rice and we split a garden salad. Great lunch in a quirky & fun place! Found a Christmas ornament for our tree, too. Great place!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great restaurant & a bookstore what could be better than that!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

After reading restaurant reviews on TA before our trip I knew we had to try the Falling Rock Cafe. It lived up to all of its reviews. We ate here once for lunch then came back for breakfast. Great food & great service. We could have stayed for hours just browsing.

• Visited October 2013
Chicago, IL
“Coffee & comfort”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Enjoyed dessert, & sipping coffee while browsing through the books & local crafts after a busy day of hiking pictured rocks.

Visited August 2013
Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
“Unique”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

It's hard to know what to say about this marriage of a used books store and a coffee shop. We went there for the books. We found the food part confusing and since we could not see how it works we concentrated on the books.

There's certainly an interesting selection of books and we bought 7 after about an hours browsing. We might have bought more, my wife loves to buy cookbooks but we could not get near the shelves in that area. For the entire time we were in the store a trio were sitting there yacking over empty cups and showing a determined inclination to not notice us as we at first tried to take a look. Not knowing the protocol and assuming that they were local people sitting in their "spot", we decided as visitors to let it go. There was a similar situation in the biography area.

For me the most interesting part of the time we spent was the elderly lady with the English accent. I am no expert but I think she comes from Squatney, London, England because she has the exact identical accent as the famous musician David St Hubbins. She's really entertaining with her endless (and I really do mean endless) stream of recollections, opinions and non-sequiturs. I quite enjoyed listening to her and I had some questions but I did not join in because my wife has told me to stop "inserting" myself into the conversations of strangers.

I recommend this place if you're into used books.

• Visited October 2013
South Africa
“Best lunch! Great atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

When we came off the boat, we asked about recommended places to eat lunch. Several were suggested, and this happened to be the closest. It was right at the square - easy to find. But that was just just the beginning. The setting is a library, and you find a table among the books! Very novel! And the food was great, too! We finished by buying ice cream and then sitting outside on the benches and soaking up the sun. Highly recommended!

Visited October 2013