“Best lunch! Great atmosphere!”

Falling Rock Cafe & Book Store
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Munising
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: A charming cafe bookstore. Great food, friendly service, coffe and espresso drinks, 25,000 books, music, art and much more to choose from!
South Africa
“Best lunch! Great atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

When we came off the boat, we asked about recommended places to eat lunch. Several were suggested, and this happened to be the closest. It was right at the square - easy to find. But that was just just the beginning. The setting is a library, and you find a table among the books! Very novel! And the food was great, too! We finished by buying ice cream and then sitting outside on the benches and soaking up the sun. Highly recommended!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank PANeddie

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“An oasis of warmth on a rainy,chilly night”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We tried Falling Rock based on the Trip Advisor ratings of restaurants in Munising. We were at the end of a wonderful road trip around Lake Superior, and the weather had turned rainy and chilly. What a great find--great coffee and hot chocolate, a nice variety of food, ice cream, local arts and crafts, and surrounded by new and used books in a bright, warm, friendly place. If I lived in Munising, Falling Rock would be one of my go to places for comfort and warmth.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sunrise1818
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A warm and welcoming place”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My 10 year old daughter and I stumbled upon Falling Rock on a visit to the parks around Munising. We admired the painting of a waterfall on the side of the building and decided to go inside. From that moment on, they made us feel like we had been coming there for years. They served us up a great cup of tea, ice cream and snacks; meanwhile, the bookstore proprietor advised me on some books I was looking for, and expertly helped my daughter find some books of interest as well. They were preparing for some sort of reading that night, so several authors were there, and were talking to my daughter about writing, and were so encouraging of young people. I cannot say enough good about this wonderful place-- it will be one of my daughter's favorite UP memories.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank laurelmcf
“Fun time”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great little restaurant/bookstore. Lots of Mom's with little kids in attendance! Accommodating to special dietary requests. Great service and food. Lunch was delish. Wish we could have come back for breakfast!

• Visited September 2013
Holland, Michigan
“Excellent!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Perfect spot for a quick breakfast, lunch, or just coffee or ice cream. Their sausage-egg-muffins are delicious. They also have sandwiches like grilled cheese and BLT. Prices are reasonable. Staff was friendly. If I'm ever in town again I will definitely stop in.