“Unique & Fun”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Munising
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: A charming cafe bookstore. Great food, friendly service, coffe and espresso drinks, 25,000 books, music, art and much more to choose from!
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'd say this was the happiest place in town. The staff, the owner and, even Dave the engineer on call all offered warm and cheerful greetings. The coffee was great and the pastee made for a hearty lunch. So hearty in fact that I saved the second half and reheated it for dinner.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The place is friendly, quirky, and interesting. We loved the books, but the food was average at best with some of it less than edible. Next time I would stick to coffee or ice cream. But I would definitely go back for the books.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

A restaurant in the book store...bravo! We were just looking for a light breakfast of some sort en route from Marquette to Grand Marais, and we lucked out. We had the fruit and yogurt parfaits and iced coffee. It was an unseasonably hot day in the UP! Very friendly staff of mostly young people. Lunch items people were getting looked delicious. Would definitely recommend to those traveling in the Munising area.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I liked the atmosphere more than the food. The food was average. I did like the whitefish bagel the best. I had the pastie it was a little dry. I loved all the books, the whole environment was wonderful and I went back a few times during our stay. They have ice cream, lunch, and limited items.

Staff was friendly and fast. Food prices were $7-12 per person

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food and coffee (and ice cream) all tasted good. There was even soy milk and gluten-free options (I had expected stomach issues for the weekend). The baristas were knowledgeable and helpful. The café catered toward tourists--there were displays of books about living on Lake Superior--but I left that locals hung out, read, and enjoyed coffee beverages at the book store. There was a great selection of used books as well. I could have spent hours explore all this café/book store has to offer.

I understood why this was listed as one of the 52 best sites to see in the UP (There was book about the sites in the book store). Stop in there when you are in Munising.