“Nice no frills diner.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Navigator Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 29 Restaurants in Munising
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice no frills diner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

My wife and I went to The Navigator on a Saturday night. I would call is a bit above average for a larger metro area but for Munising, MI I would say it is very good.

The Navigator has a Great Lakes nautical theme that is pleasant and homey. The interior is light and overlooks Lake Superior a block away. It has a deck for outside dining but it was too cold and was not open when we were there.

I had the spare ribs. They were not smoked but they were still quite tasty basic, oven baked barbequed ribs. They were served with a basic lettuce salad and choice of potatoe. I got fries. They were served hot and tasty.

My wife got the spaghetti dinner. It was also served with a lettuce salad and garlic bread. She enjoyed it. It was a basic good meat sauce.

The Navigator has a huge menu of salads, sandwiches, burgers and entrees and they are all reasonably priced. The service was friendly and prompt. We asked our waiter to slow things down a little so we could sit and enjoy ourselves and he did a good job with the pace.

Rockford
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

Went here at the advice of Larry from thee Terrace Motel. I saw other reviews that dissed the service etc. here but Larry said service is iffy due to the number of seasonal help but the food and owners are great.. He was right about the food and owners. i didn't see any iffy service.
My wife had a pastie for breakfast and the waitress was happy to serve it and happier still that my wife wanted ketchup vs gravy (ketchup is the native way to properly have this UP delicacy) I had an omlt which was huge and very good. The view of the harbor is nice and the atmosphere warm and family like.
when we go back to Munising we will definitely find our way back to the Navigator.

Stanton, Michigan
“great breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

We stopped here for breakfast before heading home, we had a southern omelet and blueberry pancakes. The food was great the sausage used in the omelet and gravy was the best and fresh up north blueberries packed into the pancakes. Our waitress was very pleasant and a gentleman was doing his local radio show in the back!

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Terrible service, mediocre food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

We decided to eat at the Navigator on our first night at the Pictured Roscks area because it was close to the waterfront and had an outdoor eating area overlooking the pier. What a nightmare. We stood around for several minutes before I had to ask to be seated outside. Once seated at an uncleaned table, we sat for 10 minutes before the table was cleared and another 10 minutes before the waitress acknowledged us and took our order. Given the wait, we decided to order drinks and our meal before the waitress slipped away. It was nearly an hour before the food arrived and it was not busy. We weren't in a hurry so we went with the flow until the food arrived - it was horrible. The whitefish was terrible and a taco salad was comprised of iceberg lettuce, very little taco meat and tostitos. Never again!

• 1 of 5 bubbles