“Eat somewhere else!!!”

Ranked #21 of 30 Restaurants in Munising
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

They can't even cook a hamburger. A basic hamburger , in my opinion, is one of those things that any American restaurant should be able to prepare correctly. Not these guys. Later I talked to the clerk at the hotel and she said that they never recommend the Navigator to guests. The food at a basic "Perkins" is better than this place. Honestly, I wished that I had eaten lunch at the Subway down the street.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The restaurant was clean, the staff was courteous and helpful, the food was good and reasonably priced. The back tables offer a great view of the park and harbor.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We arrived on July 3rd after the Boat Cruise of Pictured Rocks around 8pm. We were seated and given our menus quickly and then the waiter took a order. After 5 minutes the waiter told us before we came in a group of 20 came in and it would push back our order. If we would have known that when we were seated we would have appreciated the honesty and left because we were in a hurry. We didn't get our food for over 45 minutes. Our waiter would check on us ever so often and say our order is on its way. He did that about 5 times. When the food arrived the hash browns my wife ordered we cold, the omelette warm and overall not a good experience. I ordered the Pasty which was good if you didn't eat the burnt parts.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I went to the Navigator for the all you can eat Whitefish dinner. The restaurant is located in downtown Munising, about one block from the water and from the deck outside, you can see a partially obstructed view of Munising Bay. Still, beautiful spot for a restaurant. The food was fantastic! Based on the food and view alone, I think this restaurant has a lot of potential! Unfortunately, the service was absolutely terrible! Our waitress was obviously not happy to be working that night, and it showed in the level of service she offered to us and the people around us. She was forgetfull, and at the end just didn't come back with one of our re-orders of fish and ultimately, never came back. After waiting for about 20 minutes or so, another waitress came to our rescue and asked if we were being taken care of. We explained that we had been waiting for some time, and she quickly scurried to the kitchen came back with the fish and apologized profusely. She was obviously very embarrassed by her colleague's behavior, and while she didn't say anything expressly, intimated that this sort of behavior was not unusual. After paying our bill we noticed that we were charged for one drink that the first waitress never brought. The second waitress was so gracious and apologetic that instead of making us wait to credit our card, handed us the money right from her own tips. On the way out, we saw our first waitress sitting at a table counting her tips! She never even looked up at us. Unbelievable!
Overall, despite our bad experience I do think the place has potential. I would recommend training/re-training waitstaff, improving the tables/seating outside (perhaps just a coat of paint), relocating the unsitely garbage dumpster near the deck, and trying to open up the view some. Great place, just a very, very bad experience.

1  Thank ShanaK619
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This restrauant has a Nautical theme and why not? The glassed in rear of the eatery overlooks Lake Superior & the docking area for the Pictured Rocks boat tours.
Whether breakfast or lunch is your favorite, the food is well prepared/ample portions and the wait staff is personable, and very good.
I have visited there numerous times - all with a positive impression and a full tummy when I left. I may add that the prices are not outrageous and you get what you pay for.