“Truly the best Pasties in the U.P.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Muldoon's

Muldoon's
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Munising
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Canada
“Truly the best Pasties in the U.P.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were driving thru Munising on our way to a college reunion and thought we'd stop for lunch. Wow What a treat, first of all the pasties were wonderful and the 'outdoor dining' area just perfect to sit and watch the world go by. Promised we compare their pasties to the ones being offered at the college reunion at Mich. Tech. Muldoon's were definitely better!!. You've got to stop even if you can only get thru 1/2 a pastie!!

• Visited July 2013

michigan
“Delicious pasties”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We ordered the beef and chicken pasties and they were fresh, warm, and very tasty. I ordered a little cup of gravy because pasties can sometimes be a little dry. The pasty and gravy were delicious. There is no seating space available inside the restaurant, but fortunately the weather was warm enough that we could sit outside. Everyone should try pasties when they visit the U.P and Muldoon's is a good place to sample this U.P. specialty.

• Visited August 2013
Canada
“Good Pasties, if Pasties can be good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had the famous Pasties from Muldoon's. They were about as good as you would expect a Pastie to be. We got takeout, thankfully, because there was too much dough. We heated them up in the oven and they got crispier so all in all, they were . . . good!

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“The very best pasty you'll get in the UP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place is the one and only for pasties while in the UP. They sell out sometimes so go early. They server them warm and ready to eat. There is a small seating area outside but it's not a sit down restaurant per se. Try one of the fruit pies (apple or cherry) they are outstanding. I grew up eating pasties since my great grandmother was from Calument and Muldoon's taste just like hers. Don't miss this place !

Visited July 2013
Milan, Michigan
“Brought 6 home frozen as a UP Souvenir to enjoy later”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I didn't get to try these until I got home and baked them myself, but I was urged by several people to try Muldoon's on my way home from Marquette to the Ann Arbor area. I stopped in about 10:00 am and they were open, three women working the counter and kitchen area where you could see them making pasties by hand. One was rolling the dough through a press; another was dicing potatoes and other root veggies through a large dicing "press". For an earlier reviewer who was complaining that the perfection of the dice must mean they were NOT fresh ingredients, I had to relate this. Who, making this many pasties in a day, would dice potatoes by hand with a knife???

I found the service fast and pleasant and the scent of baking pasties made me want to get one for breakfast. I settled for taking 6 beef pasties frozen to make the trip home. I baked two immediately upon arrival and both my boyfriend and I thought they were great. I'm sure no two pastie makers in the UP do it the same way, so I accept differences with a smile. Muldoon's have more potato and less beef than I'm accustomed to, but they were still delicious and I can't wait to eat the rest of them! I did not try their other varieties because I'm somewhat of a traditionalist, but I have little doubt that they do these well, too.

Prices were very reasonable. $5.50/pastie and that was cheaper than the one I had in Mackinaw City earlier on my trip.

• Visited July 2013