“Best pasties in Munising”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Muldoon's

Muldoon's
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Munising
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Tennessee
“Best pasties in Munising”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The U.P. has many pasty bakers. Some are assembly line style and taste like cardboard. Muldoon's breaks the mold. Veggie, CHicken, beef, dessert pasties, they have it all.

Visited June 2012

Rockford
“Great Pasties”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

It does not matter when we head up to the U.P. We have to head to Munising to have some Pasties at Muldoon's. A must. I like the beef but we have tried all thru the years. you will enjoy

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Elizabeth K
Illinois
“Best pasties I've ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I were recently up in the U.P. for a little vacation and the house we rented had given us a gift certificate for 3 pasties from Muldoons. I have had pasties before, my mother is a yooper, and these were the best I have ever had. I ended up eating all three myself and brought home another dozen. I shared them with my mom and she also thought they were the best pasties she has had.
If your up in the Munising area, give em a try.

p.s. no gravy. They taste great just the way that they are.

2 Thank Jim C
Traverse City, Michigan
“Guess we aren't Yoopers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our first and last pasties. They close at 7 and I got a beef and a chicken pasty, both with gravy, and a cole slaw togo around 6 for us to share. They must have been sitting in the heated case all day and when I took them out of the paper bag, the top layer of pastry peeled off. They weren't hot, barely warm but the gravy was hot. Neither of us liked them. No seasoning, mushy veggies - they were perfectly cubed which makes me think they are canned or frozen, unless the chef has the best cubing knife skills ever - and the dough wasn't very good. We liked the chicken better than the beef but that's not saying much. The gravy tasted like a mix. Cole slaw was good.

1 Thank scpowife
Syracuse, New York
“How is this not #1?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Um, not sure why this isn't the top-rated place to eat in the entire UP! The pasties were being made fresh right in the restaurant (well, it's more like a little store) - we had pumpkin pie pasties for dessert and the beef pasties for our main dish. The crust was buttery, flaky, and perfect - the fillings were warm and perfectly seasoned. I wish we could eat pasties every day of the year. OH YEAH, get the gravy! I usually do ketchup but the gravy was flavorful and rich. I'm hungry now...

2 Thank LindsayW968