“Awesome pasties!”

Muldoon's
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Munising
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family has traveled in Michigan for 60 years, but has never tried pasties (not sure why). Our motel clerk suggested Muldoons as a popular local restaurant. She assured us we wouldn't be disappointed - we weren't!

They make beef, chicken, vegetarian and fruit pasties fresh daily. They are large (1 lb each), so it might we wise to split one. My daughter and I split a beef pastie and chose brown gravy, which came on the side. The pastry was lightly browned and flaky; the filling was seasoned just right! The apple pastie was sold out so we tried the pumpkin and it was nicely spiced!

In 2001, Muldoons was awarded the "U.P. People's Choice Award" as the result of a taste test conducted at the Upper Peninsula Tourism Conference. Muldoon's has changed ownership since then, but they would get my vote in 2012! I will return again and again when in Munising!

2  Thank LovetoWalk51

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stopped at Muldoons after hiking 12 miles in Pictured Rocks and the pasty was excellent. We've had pasties all across the UP over the years and Muldoons are some of the best. The crust is tender and tasty and the pasties were stuffed full. There are 2 small tables inside along with outdoor seating. I'm not much of a pumpkin pie person but they had a pumpkin pasty that was pretty good. Muldoons is well worth the stop.

2  Thank trbeer
Reviewed October 1, 2012

THESE ARE really good pasties! I had a beef and my husband had a chicken. They were fresh and hot. Beginning the next day they were expecting to have "pumpkin pie pasties" and they sounded so good!! I'm sad we missed them. There were two tiny tables inside to eat at, but other than that, it's really set up as take-out or to eat outside in warmer months.

1  Thank ead_angel
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I am picky about the pasties I consume, but I love these. Delicious and satisfying, and great customer service provided by the staff. This is a must do stop when you're traveling along Lake Superior. Grab one for your next meal and be sure to take some frozen pasties home with you.

1  Thank CindyandGokhan
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Their sign says "No. 1 Pasties in the UP" and, wow, are they right. Bought some to eat and also some to put in the freezer. Also bought Jalapeno Catsup--great!

1  Thank Kel K