“I grew up on pasties...”
Review of Muldoon's

Muldoon's
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Munising
Cuisines: American
Belmont, Michigan, United States
“I grew up on pasties...”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We ate a pasty yesterday here and it was very good! A purist doesn't eat them with gravy, we have used ketchup in the past but yesterday we had it plain. Delicious! Suggestion: how about an 'extra meat' pasty? Charge a little more and add a bit more meat and it would be perfect! My husband has a sensitive stomach and this yummy little pie did not bother him one bit - my grandma made them from scratch years and years ago and this rivals hers. Just the right amount of seasoning :). We would pay you to ship us some - let us know if you can do this. Thanks again, Michelle and Rick

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Michelle C
, Owner at Muldoon's, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Michelle & Rick,
Thank you so much for your review of our pasties! I actually have considered making an extra 'meaty' pastie. We may try that this fall when business slows a bit and see how it works out. We would love to be able to ship out our pasties, unfortunately are not able to do so at this time. We are hoping someday in the future. We are working on a Website for Muldoons and should have it up and running in about 3 weeks, please watch for it. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future!
Best Regards,
Donna Grahovac
Co-Owner/Manager

Brighton, Michigan
“Best Pasties Ever”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband had been wanting a pasty ever since we started talking about vacationing in the UP. Muldoon's fit the bill and then some. My husband declared it was the best pasty he'd ever had and I really enjoyed mine, too. We both had beef with gravy. We sat at one of the small tables on the tiny porch. A word of warning, though, these things will fill you up! I truly understand that the miners would need something this filling while working in the mines. I ate about half mine and hit the proverbial wall. You may want to consider splitting yours between yourself and anothe person (or two). I wanted to try the apple or cherry pasties (they have beef, chicken, vegetable and the fruit versions), but was way too full to consider anything more.

• Visited July 2012
, Owner at Muldoon's, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Melissa,
Thank you very much for stopping at Muldoons. I am happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed our pasties! Our pasties are almost a pound, they are large. We appreciate your business here at Muldoons and thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you in the future and maybe you can have dessert pastie next time.
Best Regards,

Donna Grahovac
Co-Owner/Manager
Newark,Delaware
“Vegetarian Pasties”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

It wasn't easy to find vegetarian pasties as they are generally filled with meat and made with lard, but Muldoon's provided us with our UP Pastie experience. We had a veggie one and the apple one and loved both!

Clarkston, Michigan
“Best pastie ever!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I would agree that Muldoon's has the best pastie in the UP and make sure to get the gravy!. My plate was cleaned and I thought twice about licking out the gravy container.

Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
“good but odd food”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The Pasties were very fun to try but they are different sort of food - we recommend sharing one among 2-3 people unles you are big eaters.

, Owner at Muldoon's, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for your visit to Muldoons Pasties! We appreciate your buisness. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Munising and look forward to serving you again in the future.