“BEAUTIFUL”

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
Ranked #1 of 40 things to do in Munising
More attraction details
Fee: No
Owner description: Park located on the shoreline of Lake Superior encompassing cliffs, dunes, waterfalls and lakes.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

GOD AT WORK such a beautiful place you can spend a week there and never get sik of any of the sites

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Can't say enough. Amazing! We did the boat tour out cuz of our little kids. I could have spent all day out there.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

This was part of a trip that we took to look at various geoligical features in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I found it to be interesting from that perspective, but was disappointed from a tourist perspective. I am not sure I would have found it worthwhile if I was not involved in the geeky side of it at the time. It is pretty far from everything. If you want to get out in nature and see some of god's creations this is a good trip as there are many natural wonders in the U.P. If you are looking for something more touristy, this is not it. If you get up in the U.P. I strongly recommend camping/hiking in the Porcupine mountains that are not that far away. I found that to be a much more worthwhile adventure. We did not take one of the cruises and I am happy about that. I cannot imagine it is worth the money. There are viewing areas from about 1-200 feet up where you can get some great pictures. There is access to a beach area with a small river running into the lake on the far end. The water won't be overly warm up there, but the kids liked it.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

was nice in the winter so i assume it would be even better in the summer. it was a nice 45 mile return trip on the snowmobiles to get up to the rocks.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

This was our countries first National Lakeshore. The best way to view the bluffs of this lakeshore are from a boat tour. There is a company in Munising that does just this! The bluffs along Lake Superior are huge and some are very colorful. There are arches and waterfalls to see in addition to all the bluffs. The water is clear and beautiful. We saw a lot of people kayaking too. That would be great if you like to do that. The guide on the boat cruise offers a lot of information on the area and Lake Superior. It was a fun 3-4 hours and well worth the money. I thought it was reasonable and a great way to see the shoreline!