“Great place in cute town.”
Review of Alger Falls Motel

Alger Falls Motel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Munising
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've been wanting to visit Munising for sometime now and was pleasantly surprise by how nice this motel was despite the other reviews. The staff was very attentive to all our needs. Complaints regarding the traffic noise is exaggerated. The motel is located next to the highway but that was no surprise as we also choose it due to its location. It was clean and affordable. Will defiantly stay there again

• Stayed: July 2013
afmotel, Owner at Alger Falls Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. We really appreciate it! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The owners are very pleasant. The rooms need help. I had to ask for a blow dryer and a coffee pot. I think these are basics today and should be automatically included in every room. The lamp next to the bed did not work. The windows opened, which I liked. However, the noise from the trucks and traffic was very loud. There wasn't adequate room to put our suitcases. All in all, I would not stay here again. I was surprised by the trip advisor rating. Trip Advisor gave them a pretty good rating. This is the 1st time I have found I disagree.

Room Tip: Good luck.....
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Never again. We did not get any sleep because the rooms sit so close to the highway and the noise of the highway kept us up ALL night. We tried to turn on the fan and have that muffle out the noise, but the fan would not stay on constistently-it was rigged with thermostat. When I spoke with the management about this all I got was, "I've never heard that before." What a bunch of hogwash. Our window was shut completely and also was the door. She told me they never had that complaint before. IMPOSSIBLE! If you are looking for a good night's rest-STAY AWAY from the Alger Falls Motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim V
afmotel, Owner at Alger Falls Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

I told the customer that I have had people mention the road noise, but once the door and window were closed they couldn't hear it. The room they were in was on the end, closest to the road. The heater units do go on and off with the temperature but only if you have them set to cool or heat. There is a fan only setting as well which will keep the fan running all night. The customer also complained about the rate saying it said different on the internet (which he admitted he was wrong about). He did not have any complaints about the room, just the road noise.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I were disappointed with this property. It had been rated highly as being clean, comfortable and affordable. It is affordable, but you get what you pay for. Our room, #102 had a terrible musty smell when we checked in. We thought the room just needed to be aired out. It never got any better, on the last morning we looked under the sink and found a 4-5 inch circle of black mold from a leaking drain. We told the desk clerk on our departure and she told us she knew nothing about it, perhaps some time checking their rooms might help. The person on duty never offered to compensate us in any way for this unacceptable condition.

My wife did laundry and could not get the washing machine to start,she asked the front desk and was told it was tied into the light circuit. Turn on the light and the washer works.

The motel is older and needs some attention, the towels are small and thin, open windows are noisy due to how close the road is to the property.

The owner responded to his last poor rating with a number of excuses and promises for action, if he is truly dedicated to customer service, I invite him to contact us and discuss our concerns.

Room Tip: Check the room before you give them your credit card.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bubs126

I do not make excuses only state facts. We take great pride in our motel and the amount of work we have put into it. We can't please everyone and can't catch everything, but I can say that we have a lot of happy customers that return. Unfortunately, the unhappy ones are the ones writing the reviews. I just wish you could have seen this place when we got it 12 years ago.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited during the Ice Festival. It was a two night stay. Thought it cost a little more than I wanted for a simple hotel, but overall found myself really satisfied.
Clean Rooms, helpful staff, fun rec room, good location, decent coffee

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Sweet little hotel with very nice owners. A little older, but very clean and with some nice updates. The bed was very comfy! The town of munising has some wonderful things to see, and this motel is in a great location. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

WE stayed two nights while sightseeing and taking the Picture Rock Boat trip. Hotel personnel very friendly and extremely helpful. Gave us very good advise on what to see and where it was. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask owner for local information.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
White Pine Lodge
White Pine Lodge
#1 of 2 in Christmas
Beach Inn Motel on Munising Bay

Been to Alger Falls Motel? Share your experiences!