“Awesome stay”
Review of Alger Falls Motel

Alger Falls Motel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Munising
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We picked the hotel based on the reviews and the price. We paid $84 a night for a queen bed and the room was decent size. Had air conditioning two chairs a table and a pretty large bathroom. room was very clean and bed was comfy. Will probably stay here again if the price is the same

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jacobmuir

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My family and I found this place to just what we needed to charge our batteries for acouple of days. We stayed in one the cabins that is part of the motel. It was cute and very comfortable. There was plenty of room for a family of 4 to move around in. Had a loverly kichten and was wonderful to cook. This motel is 2 miles from Munising on busy Highway 28, that would be my only complaint. You can't beat a deal staying with Alger Falls Motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank marie r
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here for one night over Memorial Day weekend, surprised that this motels and the ones around it seemed to be pretty vacant for a holiday weekend. The room was very clean and very comfortable and included a fridge and microwave.
I made a point of looking for their game room to include here, it seemed to be in a state of renovation and was probably meant more for the winter months.
The staff were very professional as I inquired about possibly staying an extra night and partook in the complimentary coffee.
Alger Falls motel is located a short drive from downtown Munising and the docks for the Pictured Rocks cruise, very easy to find. I will definitely be up here at some point again!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be created equal, so that tells me that the cabins they offer must be great!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Voiceunderground
Reviewed May 18, 2012

After planning my trip to Pictured Rocks and coming across Alger Falls Motel on this site and seeing a few bad reviews, I feel the need to share my thoughts. I stayed here for one night, May 12th, with my buddy because it was the cheapest hotel in the area. I wasn't looking for a cottage experience or anything like that, just a comfortable place to rest my body before a backpacking trip. Alger Falls Motel was exactly that. The man at the reception counter(probably the owner) was very friendly. I read the poor review that mentioned something about him not looking professional. I don't get that. I mean, anyone with half a brain understands that this is a family run hotel. They most likely live here. When you live somewhere, you work outside improving your property and whatnot. So who cares if his shirt looks like he's been painting. He was friendly and informative.

The room itself was the basic 2 queen beds room. It was nice. Didn't smells musky or anything. The beds didn't squeak. The bathroom curtains were nice, not towels turned into curtains.

All in all, I'm staying here again next time I head to Pictured Rocks to backpack the rest of the trails. Great hotel for the average person.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank angeloglorioso
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed here 1 night. When I checked in the man helping me was in a shirt that looked like he had been working on a car, not professional. Upon opening the door, there was a musty smell. The room seemed clean but was very dated. The curtains wouldn't close together. Two old brown towels were used as curtains in the bathroom. The woman who took the key in the morning barely spoke to me and was not at all friendly. Lesson learned, go with a well known hotel chain.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank angier851
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Average motel, 2 miles from town, nice folks. Good price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed in a King Room on the end. Very clean, with a fridge and microwave. It is off the highway, so you can hear traffic if you keep your window open, but if you close the window it is very quiet. The do not offer breakfast on site, but we did receive a coupon for breakfast in town with our booking. Overall it was an excellent room at an excellent price. We would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Room 101 - King Bed on the end so you only have one neighbor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
White Pine Lodge
White Pine Lodge
#1 of 2 in Christmas
Beach Inn Motel on Munising Bay

Been to Alger Falls Motel? Share your experiences!