1. This is something I've never seen before
2. Basically an entire old city preserved for tourist but without a kitsch feeling to it. It's almost empty of residents making it quiet and nice to walk.
3. Give it at least a whole day. 5 hours min. To see it by day and at evening go for dinner and explore the same area at dark. It's not dangerous nor unpleasant to walk in the dark.
4. Buy a ticket to all sights combined in the west gate entrance from the old lady sitting there.
5. Just walk around the old town and enter everywhere you can.. Usually you'll be asked to show your ticket so save it.
6. Don't bother trying to see it all. Bottom line everything look alike... Amazing but looks alike.
7. Every corner is a madrasah converted into a tiny museum on a different local aspect. It's nice and quick.
8. Don't miss going up one of the panoramic views: the tower at kuhna ark is the best view pay the extra for it. The way up to. The tallest minaret in Uzbekistan is steep, hard and doesn't match the beauty of the tower of kuhna ark.
9. This is a must see in Uzbekistan. Don't pass it.