Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Great Snorkeling Experience

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Annika M
Super diving school and great team!

Reviewed September 3, 2019
AnnaFrie1

Recommended experiences in and around Trincomalee
from $35.00
More Info
from $5.00
More Info
All reviews diving school great diving experience whale watching open water pigeon island highly recommend this place snorkeling tour whole team navy island sri lanka my girlfriend weligama illness instructor dive turtles safety
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We found out about this diving and snorkelling place by walking at the beach and were quickly convinced! It’s very professional and the staff is very friendly!
Due to illness, we were not able to go diving so instead we decided to go snorkelling at Pigeon Island and with no regrets - were lucky to see so many animals! So we can highly recommend the place and the snorkelling experience!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to do the wahle watching with Trinco Bay Dive Center behause they told us to adhere to international rules and regulations in ordner to protect the dolphins and whales - but they do not - not at all!!! I‘ve done quite a few whale watching tours all over the world and this one was the worst ever!!! :-(((

This trip was a hunting and chasing of dolphins (with another ten boats of other companies or so) and nothing more. The dolphins got surrounded and thus trapped by all the boats. The boats definitely got way to close to the dolphins and even crossed the schools of dolphins by purpose. They didn‘t even stopped the engine when passing the schools of dolphins. I couldn’t enjoy this trip at all as I was so scared that the boats severely harm the dolphins. I never experienced such an careless behaviour before. Therefore, I recommend to refrain from booking with them!!! :-(((

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

I can only recommend this diving school and base! I have already returned four times to Sri Lanka and to the Waligama Bay Dive Center and have enjoyed the time under water and above water with Thaminda and the whole team very much (I stayed a total of 3-4 months)! I felt very safe and very well looked after - PADI standards are respected here and the instructors are professional PADI instructors (this is not the case in all diving schools). The whole team is working together and they always keep an eye on the guests and they are super friendly.
I felt so comfortable that after the first time, I decided to do my Rescue Diver- and then later my Divemaster-Certificate here. I had an incredibly time and I’m looking forward to the next time!
Many thanks to Thaminda, my diving instructor Chamara and the other instructors and the whole team for the great care and the great time! <3

Happy bubbles, have fun and bohoma istuti, my friends!

Reviewed August 25, 2019

Head to Fernando's bar and beside it you will find the dive school. Part of the year they are here and the other part they are in Weligama.
We had planned to dive with another company but the welcome we had put us at rest straight away and we changed our plans. I am so glad we did.
In the end due to illness just myself and my son Charlie dived but we each had an instructor to hold our hands (literally) when we needed it.
I highly recommend this company and look forward to diving with Thaminda Kumara ad Sahan Damayantha again in Weligama.

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

Thank you Trinco Bay Dive Center and Tamara for the great diving experience!
I paid $325 for my open water course and finished it in 3 days. I had one instructor (a really good one ) for myself. Tamara was peaceful and calm and I felt safe all the time.