“Best bar and restaurant in trincomalee”
Review of Red Lobster John

Red Lobster John
Ranked #36 of 106 Restaurants in Trincomalee
Cuisines: Sri Lankan
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very good food and the best cocktails
It was really nice to spend our evenings there with the guys of the restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (86)

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

The best french fries in Uppaveli beach.
Friendly funny staff.
Good cocktails with a lot of alcohol!

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

We wandered in the Red Lobster John for a cocktail, which was great (try the Arrack Attack here, is super refreshing and never had a fresher Pina Colada). Came back the next day for dinner and had a fresh cousin of the tuna put on the bbq. It was amazing.

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

Most beautiful place in Uppuveli.
Nice ragge music with friendly staff.
Best cocktails in a Area.
Visit this place.
Cheers....

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

Honestly, friendly approach was the thing that brought me to this place. I took a seat and since that moment all went wrong. There was a couple before me and during 20 minutes after me another 3 couples came in. The staff wasnt really able to tell me price of lobster. Here is my dialogue with staff, literally:
Me: “How much is the lobster?”
Staff: “Huh”
Me:“ How much is the lobster?!”
Staff: “I dont know”
Me: “Seriously?!?!”
Staff: “It depends on the size”
Me: “Well, i know that, than how much is 500g one?”
Staff: “Huh”
Me:“Ok.........could you please tell me, how the pricing works?
Staff: “The price depends on the size”
Me: “I know that, so could you please tell mi the price per 100 grams or at any unit you charge....”
Staff: “I dont know, i have to ask my boss”
Me:“Ok, never mind, can i get the squid please?
Staff: “Yes, and for drink?”
Me: “Gin tonic please, NO ice”
Staff: “Gin tonic, NO ice”

After 30 minutes(!), my gin tonic arrived- with ice. I wasnt strong enough to argue with them and i was too thirsty to wait another 30 minutes. After another 40 minutes (keep in mind that itw was more than one hour since ordering and i was the third guest) i got my meal, along with information that 500 g lobster cost Rs. 7000 (!!!!!!)
After finish my dish i asked for bill and since i had no change, i wanted to pay Rs.2200 with 5000 banknote. The staff turned really upset and started complain why dont i have any change. And to my surprise, he asked other guest for change, telling them that i had no one.
Unbelievable shame for charging 10% for service. The guests should charge 10% discount for such a sh**ty service!

Date of visit: August 2019