Review Highlights
the best diving center.

We went diving with Suri. I liked everything very much. attentive staff, individual approach... read more

Reviewed September 15, 2022
GOLDDEN86
Nice dives

I did one day of diving with them, but I liked it so much that I did another day. The material is... read more

Reviewed August 30, 2022
Miriamramg
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Trincomalee
from $564.11
from $30.00
from $777.60
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and me planed to do 6 dives in three days during our stay in Uppuveli and chose angel diving. The equipment was fine and in good condition. The briefing was quit short. We were a group of three plus DM and the dive was save. The first place was coral garden, which is supposed to be the best place in the area. The second dive was at mortal rock. We were slightly disappointed of both places. It was OK but there is not much to see. We decided not dive anymore and went whale watching with angel diving two days later. They promised a discount. When we had to pay, the discount was only very little and another guy who went diving with us had to pay distinctly less although his girlfriend didn't dive. We finally got the same discount after telling them the situation. However for me a dive shop is not a bargain marked. Whale watching was a horrible trip. The sea was rough that morning and they drove the boat full speed. We got hit very hard on the bench over and over again. You cannot drive such a boat that way with guests on it. We did see some whales, but afterwards our back hurt for two days.
The price for diving is as much as in Thailand and other places, but the service is a lot less (no drinks, no food at all). The price for whale watching is not reasonable at all. Futher I have the impression not the dive company itself, but the Sri Lankan people and government don't care about their ocean (pigeon island is completly overcrowed, there is a lot of garbage everywhere,...), what might explain that you don't see any nice stuff on the dive anymore.

2  Thank fabiocK9988PH
Reviewed September 1, 2016

I wanted to do my PADI Open Water Diver in Trincomalee and hence was looking for a good dive center. On my first day in Trinco I went to several centers to figure out where I felt most comfortable and finally ended up at Angel Diving.
I had never dived before and hence was somewhat nervous before the first dive, but Suri was so helpful and professional (he has over 7'000 dives!) that I instantly felt comfortable and safe under water. He also explained and demonstrated the exercises very well which was very helpful and made passing the OWD very easy.
I ended up doing 10 dives with Suri and his team and each and every single one of them was great. Suri and the other dive masters know their dive spots extremly well and can show you everything there is to see.
I can definitely recommend Angel Diving!

Reviewed August 26, 2016

We had a wonderful diving experience with Angel Diving at Coral Gardens. Apperantly, Angel Diving is the only dive center at Uppuveli beach with license to dive and snorkle at Coral Garden close to Pigeon Island. The corals here were very beautiful and lots of colourfull fishes were seen. The visibility at our dives were, unfortunately, only 8-10 meters due to weather conditions - it would probably be even more beautiful if weather conditions where optimal.
We can highly recommed Dilshan and Suri as dive masters. They act very professional and make everyone feeling comfortable in the water. My friend did a discovery scuba dive which she was very happy about.
Furthermore, the equipments are brand new and well maintained.
Besides diving we also did the whale wathing with Angel Diving. This was an amazing exerience, however also very wet experience (take waterproof camera with you), we saw two whales very close and heaps from the distance. We can highly recommed doing the whale wathing with these guys as well.
Angel Diving and Dilshan and Suri get our highst recommendation.
/ Line & Rikke

Reviewed August 22, 2016

We had a wonderful day snorkelling with the guys from Angel Diving and the prices are reasonable.
It was unfortunate that we had to wait over an hour for some lazy European girls, but I understand the boys want the boat full.
There was no coral to see but lots of beautiful fish. We did not go to the island and the area we went to from the main land is in desperate need of a clean up. I would advise Angel Diving to start doing some environmental trips and ask people to help clean up all the nets and debris that is snagged on rocks under water. It is very sad to see beautiful fish trapped and dead in these nets. There won't be any more snorkelling or diving if the area is not cleaned up.
I would definitely have helped pull nets in for a half price tour.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed August 20, 2016

I have scuba instructor qualification and for 3 out of my 6 dives I was given a personal dive guide so that I wasn't restricted by less experienced divers' air consumption etc. The other 3 dives were with only 1 other paying diver who was a Dive Master, so a good buddy. Visibilty was between 5 and 10 metres as it was around full moon and temperature 26 - 29C. I saw loads of tropical fish, turtle, golden ray, eels, octopus, cuttle and balloon fish, shrimps and statues of Ganesh, Shiva and Krishna underwater!
I saw the care that Suri and crew took of families who were diving, new divers and snorkellers to make everything comfortable and safe. It was my first diving for 8 months due to a shoulder injury and they helped me gear up etc without risk of reinjury.
There are only a few dive operations who are registered to dive at the Coral Garden and Vol Rock reserve near Pigeon Island. Pigeon Island area was so crowded that it would have been terrible to dive there, so worth going with the Angels - especially Vol Rock. Also ask to go to Swami Rock if you want to see the statues and Navy Reef for caves.
Gear was fine too and cheaper than diving in my home, New Zealand.

1  Thank ABCCCR