“Great place to stay”

Aqua Hotel trincomalee
Ranked #58 of 93 Trincomalee B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were brought there by a toto driver, checked 4 hotels even went up to Nilaveli beach but still decided to come back to Aqua Inns for it's beautiful garden, lovely swimming pool and the nice beach bar. It certainly has great value with it's location and environment within.Will come back again for scuba diving and snorkling and the new SPA for sure.

1  Thank Ying Z
There are newer reviews for Aqua Hotel trincomalee

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Aqua inns is the perfect spot to have a couple of days on the beach while touring Sri Lanka. It is a average hotel in a quality location. Friendly motivated staff take care of you, but don´t speak english. A very nice beach, good pool, beautiful garden, good kitchen - barbecue fish great! But no hot water on the rooms!
It also gives you a good feeling to spend time in the north.

4  Thank dakr3590
Reviewed March 1, 2013

enjoy the beach and had nice cupple of drinks at the fernandos bar was one of the memorable day in my life and staff was soo help full with the owners . and there sea food platter was amazing.
now im excited to go to there new SPA and get a treatment overlooking the beautiful beach in front. lovely swimming pool too.small but nice and clean .thanks Fernando & Joe ... see you soon with all my friends again , good luck aqua inns

5  Thank Sameera V
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Aqua inn has basic rooms but garden was beautiful , swimming pool was small but clean, and the Fernado's bar was brilliant. We got to use the kitchen for cooking Chinese food ( when kitchen was not busy). Staffs not speaking english much but polite and helpful. We spent 9 days in Aqua inn, it surely is a great place worth every Penni.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jade Z
fernando104, Public Relations Manager at Aqua Hotel trincomalee, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you for your kind review we are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Aqua and delighted you decided to extend your stay. The staff are a little shy with their English but it is an area that the management are focusing on and for them practise makes perfect.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Aqua Inns for 3 nights with our 6 year old daughter and baby. We found the rooms to be large, clean and comfortable for our family. My daughter loved being in her own 4 poster single bed and thanks to the made to measure mosquito nets I never got bitten, and those mossies luuurrve me! We found the bathrooms to be clean and adequate for our needs.

The staff were more then accommodating which is a joy when you have a small baby in tow they did a special mashed pumpkin and vege dish and were always obliging when we needed bottles heated.

Luckily the sun was shining on our visit even though it was out of season and we spent a great deal of time relaxing in the shade loungers on the beach. We loved the fact that Fernando’s Bar & Restaurant had free wifi as well as a bonafide liquor licence so we could enjoy cold beer and even some wine. The new pool area is great and its refreshing to see how they have sculptured the garden with nature, my daughter loved watching the chipmunks and lizards it attracted.

Most of all we were amazed at what good value Aqua Inns was for an AC room and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this friendly place to all of our friends next visit will have to be for a diving course.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Booked through Agoda for two nights one week in advance and paid in full with visa - for a room that promised a lot. I arrived to be shown a dark, musty, smoky, creepy, run down room with old blue painted walls and a sickening 15 watt energy saving globe that barely illuminated even the outline of the bed. The room had the energy of a horror movie about it and the floor was literally covered in deep puddles of water. I asked the guy if this was the room that I had booked and the reply was 'I will give you a free dinner sir' - Again I asked 'if this was the room I had booked?' He then replied 'no sir the one you booked is still occupied but I can offer you a free dinner...' - I said 'but I BOOKED AND PAID A WEEK AGO!!!' - Apparently, some rich couple had offered them a bonus to be allowed to stay in the room longer while they bumped me as apparently booking and paying for a room in advance is meaningless. They then offered to pay for another hotel down the road for me that they promised was was much better than their own. I was taken to another and just dumped there with no hot water, no shower, no breakfast and a lot of other no's - that I had paid for with Aqua Inns. I would love to see them shut down, they are obviously a bunch of criminals with no regard or respect for how to run an honest business.

Room Tip: Definitely a case for the health and safely inspectors as well as the tax fraud department.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Hamish John A
fernando104, Public Relations Manager at Aqua Hotel trincomalee, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Mr John A
My apologies firstly in the delay in writing this response I am presently out of the country.
The staff member involved has been severely reprimanded. It appears that your allocated Agoda room was given to a walk in guest who requested a large number of rooms and inadvertently your booking was overlooked. Aqua Inns have contacted Agoda and requested that a full refund be given for your 2 day booking.
We prefusely apologise that this incident occurred and the management has taken measures that this will not happen again.
It is always Aqua Inns intention to give our guests a happy experience.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The restaurant had stunning views over the beach, and it was one of the few that served a range of acoholic drinks. the new pool is lovely as are the gardens. The building is not to every bodies taste though my husband loved it and the rooms are large, airy, and unusually for the area, with mosquito nets. Has had bad write ups in the past, because the building from the corridors is a bit grim, but really amazing value for money. The staff do not speak much english and are therefore rather shy, but Michael and Jo are always available to sort any problems and give advice.

Room Tip: if you don't like the building take the rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple