“Willing staff, and a completely adequate hotel if you have to be in Suwon”
Review of Ramada Plaza Suwon

Ramada Plaza Suwon
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Suwon
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Willing staff, and a completely adequate hotel if you have to be in Suwon”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a few days and rather than travel each day from Seoul, we decided to stay at the Ramada, and it saved us a lot of time.

There are not a lot of food options in the area, but between the Chinese restaurant (very good) and the Italian (good) we didn't really have a problem.

• Stayed March 2013
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Avataarkaap,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at Ramada Plaza Hotel

We are extremely happy to read that your stay has been wonderful.

We have shared your comments with all our warm and caring associates. All our wonderful associates always tries their utmost to go the extra step and ensuring our guests’ satisfaction.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not very well located but rooms are comfortable and clean. Service is excellent. Breakfast is by far too much expensive and not very good (French breakfast). Restaurants are also at least 2 times more expensive than the surrounded ones.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at Ramada Plaza Hotel

We are extremely happy to read that your stay has been wonderful.

Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have visited this hotel more than 10 times over the past couple of years and my only issue is the temprature of the rooms. The hotel will supply a fan and the windows will open to assist with this issue. My only addtional note is that the beds are very firm. However, this is a very nice hotel with a great staff to make sure that you have an excellent visit to Suwon, South Korea. I do recommend this hotel and look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Request a fan for the room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Ramada Plaza Suwon recently.

We understand your disappointment with the temperature in your room. Also, you had had uncomfortable bed during your stays. I am sincerely sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. All of us at Hotel will continue to provide most exceptional service to all our guests and ensuring a most comfortable stay.

And, We are also very happy for your compliment on nice staffs. We will share your comments with all our staffs.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Amy Choi, Guest Relation Officer.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is very well located and room size was ok. The problems were: it was too hot in the room although it was the height of winter. We were told that they couldn't override the system so we had to suffer the heat that was cranked up, opened the window and used a fan. The bed sheets were also itchy so had to use a towel on top of the sheet in order to sleep. The pillows weren't great either - our heads just sank into them. Not once did we have a good night's sleep in the 2 weeks that we stayed there.

The TV had only 3 English channels - BBC World News, CNN and ABC News. The rest were Korean channels.

The breakfast buffet had so many options BUT what do you do with an inch thick French toast, or bland waffles and pancakes? The scrambled eggs were just not right either. The bread tend to get stale pretty quickly, but they didn't bother replacing them with fresh ones. The congee was good though, and the chefs at the egg station were good in making omelette, sunny side up or eggs over easy. But if you ate meat, you'll probably be sorted.

Most of the staff were happy to help, though some just couldn't be bothered and didn't hide their annoyance at being asked about something. Others went out of their way to assist guests. Communication was also a problem as the English of the Front Desk staff was quite limited. ALWAYS triple check information given to you by the hotel staff. I asked in the first week whether I needed to pre-book myself on the city tour and the guy said no. (I even wrote that on the leaflet so I didn't forget.) Then in the second week I asked another staff if I needed to book ahead for the city tour, she also said no. Finally went down to Tourist Info Center to join the tour and was told by the people that I had to book ahead!

Also, there is no pool, spa or massage therapies available.

The smell of food from the 4th and 5th floors also travels all the way up to the 18th floor! So I guess the closer you are to those floors, the worse it'll be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pink_goddess888
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

This is Amy Choi, Guest Relation Officer.
I understand your disappointment and I sincerely apologize that you had not had satisfied stays at Ramada Plaza Suwon.

First of all, what you mentioned was the temperature in the room. We have the central control heating system for saving energy. So each room cannot be turn on the air condition during winter season. Thus, we can set up the room colder before you check- in and bring the fan up to your room. Moreover, we now have some English TV channels. We are planning to join more options for TV channels. In the near future, you can enjoy the various channels in the room. I am sorry for such an inconvenience.

Secondly, the breakfast buffet was not satisfied with some food. I handed your feedback to Chefoo’s(the buffet) manager. We will improve the quality of buffet. We also wish you can enjoy having better breakfast in the future.

Last, I asked the staffs who you asked the tour program. He and she said that the tour company was closed by the night. And we could not make reservation under 10 persons. I think there was a little miscommunication. However, we all staffs sincerely apologize that it occurred by miscommunications and you were not satisfied. I would like to share your feed-backs which can improve the hotel and us. However, the thing is that I could not have any information about you. I only can know your TripAdvisor ID.
If you do not mind, could you have your name and company if you have? Then I will leave your comments on your profile which will make you have a comfortable stay in the future.

Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 82-31-230-0036

Best Regards,

Amy, Choi
Guest Relation Officer
Ramada Plaza Suwon
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Greeted by friendly, polite and well mannered staff whom no only escorted me to my elevator but also directed me to my room.

Impression of my room is neat, comfortable and professionally design. Well facilitated as basic necessities such as hairdryer, comb, potions and lotions, basic sewing kit and many more were provided. WiFi is free and locate both in many room as well as in the lobby.

Overall experience is great and would stay again if given another opportunity. Recommend to others who are coming up to

• Stayed February 2013
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at Ramada Plaza Suwon.

We are extremely happy to read that your stay has been great.

We have shared your comments with all our staffs. we are always trying to improve customer satisfaction.

AMY CHOI
Guest Relation Officer
RAMADA PLAZA SUWON
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Easy to get to from the airport, and a good base if you want or need to be just South of Seoul. The staff are helpfull and make it easy for you to get around. The internet, and wifi connections are good, making it easy to keep in touch. If you have some spare time a walk around the Hwaseong Fortress wall and ringing the bell are a couple of tourist things to do only a few minutes walk from the hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ian3041
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at Ramada Plaza Suwon.

We are extremely happy to read that your stay has been wonderful. We are also very glad that you had had a great sightseeing at Hwaseong Fortress wall. If you have a chance to visit again during spring time, you can have much fantastic touristic things to do.

We have shared your comments with all our staffs. We always tries their utmost to go the extra step and ensuring our guests’ satisfaction.

Warm Regards,

Amy Choi, Guest Relation Officer.
Canberra Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Most Korean hotels are very good, filled with gadgets. This hotel is great for business travellers and it is on the bus route from the airport so only about $12 fare, and about 60-80 minutes depending on the traffic.

Nicely set up .with eg free cable internet in the room, iron and ironing board, good batch room and comfortable bed.

Nice area with desk to do work and reports, and supef friendly and efficient staff with good English.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DRMB
Hyun Woo K, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your review at Trip adviser. Every single one of our staff is happy with your satisfaction of stay at Ramada Plaza Suwon Hotel and hopes you will return near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suwon
Novotel Ambassador Suwon
#1 of 17 in Hwaseong
The Most Hotel
The Most Hotel
#19 of 52 in Suwon

Been to Ramada Plaza Suwon? Share your experiences!