“I melted, but I still like the place...”
Review of Ramada Plaza Suwon

Ramada Plaza Suwon
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Suwon
Boulder, CO
“I melted, but I still like the place...”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

In the last 3 months I've vistied this hotel twice. I love it. Clean, comfortable, great gym, super super super staff, fun sing-a-long lounge act...but I've melted, both times.

On my first visit in September my A/C wasn't working, but the staff was able to accomodate me with a room change. My most recent visit the staff really really tried, but no dice, the A/C was off for the season. The tiny window they suggested I open just didn't do the trick.

In spite of this issue I will continue to be a guest given they have it happening on all the other fronts, and because this is really the best place to stay in town....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Barb K
Hyun Woo K, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, November 30, 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have a lovely Junior suite on the Exec Lounge floor that suffers from a fatal flaw. It is November and the hotel has completely turned off the air conditioning (it's 60 and sunny outside today). In the afternoons our room becomes an oven, even with the drapes closed. We can't work in the room and have to move computers and papers to the lounge or lobby. We complained and were told to open the windows (which means traffic noise). The management brought up an electric fan but that really just moves the hot air around. The lack of a/c is a significant problem that prevents me from giving this otherwise excellent business hotel a better rating.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Comfort stay for business travellers, as their tagline goes. " leave the rest to them"...
Suwon city, not much of a tourist spot. However, for a business trip stay strongly recommend this as it has live up to it's business hotel status.
It has two convenient stores, one Dunkin donut bistro, one local super market across the street.
15mins walk to Crystal hotel - if you like to take Airport Limo bus to the airport ( 12,000 won )-accept credit card.
You can also find some local unique cafe that opens till late.
Hotel also has well equip fitness centre and sauna for a relaxing workout.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.
Every single one of us is happy with your satisfaction at our hotel and hope to get another chance to see you near future!
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Suwon is probably not the first priority place one pick for sightseeing in Korea, but it’s number one city for Hi-Tech business tourism.
On my frequent business trips to Korea, Ramada Suwon is always my first choice for a hotel. Probably I’m not the only one since vacancy is not a trivial issue.
The superb breakfast, large, clean, and work-convenient rooms, comfortable beds, super-useful staff… all this is above any standards I know in Suwon (and I’ve been to few other hotels). Another thing do not be underestimated is the food available late evening. If Korean cousin is not your favorite – you can always find reasonable dinner till as late as 10pm… a big plus for me.
A live music in the lobby is a nice plus after a hard day 
The only issue that I have with Ramada Suwon is kind of problematic air-conditioning. Sometimes it is hard to control and you are ether hot or cold at night.
I can’t judge about the price since I always pay “corporate rate” but it seems a not too expensive as well.

Room Tip: Superb for business, specially due to great food
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 30, 2012

A nice hotel in Suwon, the room is clean, large, modern and comfortable. The staff are helpful and always take the initiatives to offer help. Their English standard are good and you will not have any difficulties to communicate with them.
The breakfast is good with wide range of selection. So do the dinner buffet.
There is some convenient stores and a lot of restaurant nearby, you can easily get something eat or drink.
Hwaseong Haenggung and Fortress is a few minutes away by taxi, do not miss it if you are interested in ancient buidling.

1 Thank ericyhor
Berlin
Reviewed June 18, 2012

You can reach the hotel from international Airport Seol, Incheon with hotel limousine service or for a 10 times lower fare with the non-stop Airport Express Bus Incheon-Suwon.

The hotel staff speaks English, is well-informed and always willing to help. There are also smoker rooms available. The difference might be only the presence of an ash-tray. The rooms have a nice modern style. You get complimentary water, instant coffee and tee every day. There is free wired or wire-less access to the internet. Every room is equipped with a large flat TV. Beside some Korean, 1 Chinese, 1 German channel the common news stations like CNBC, NBC, AL JAZEERA and others can be received. I like these modern toilet seats with heated seat and water cleansing a lot. In the hotel there is also gym with some treadmills, basic machines and also short dumbbells and barbells. The breakfast is really recommended with a choice for every taste. As a German I usually miss slices of cheese and of sausage like salami. Instead of sweet fruit drinks I would prefer to get fresh pressed fruit juice.

Close to the hotel there are some convenient stores where you can buy the most important things until the late evening. In the area opposite to the main entrance there are many different restaurants. Although it is easier with a Korean companion you can easily order your dish, not because of the staff’s good English knowledge, but because the menu is often available in English as well and/or with photos of the dishes.

For shopping Korea to me seems to offer nothing with noteworthy discount compared to other economically well developed countries.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Be forewarn, this hotel likes to nitpick by completely switching OFF the central air-conditioning system any time between 12:00 midnight through 6:00am. When I say OFF, I mean completely OFF. It does not matter if you had the thermostat control showing FAN-ON, Speed-LOW, Temperature-Whatever. They override your controls, and do not even allow you to switch the FAN-ON for ventilation. This is how absurd they can get.

I have stayed here 4-nights, and 2-nights the air-conditioning was turned OFF during my sleep, with the room temperature rising above 24 deg C, as shown on the wall-mounted controller. They recommend you sleep with the windows open, and will happily send you an electric fan when you room gets too warm.

After I woke up at 3:00am on the 2nd morning, they briefly restarted the air-con 2-times (5-secs & 5-mins respectively). Guest relations manager assured me it will not happen again. Well, it was okay for the next 24-hrs. Then, on my 4th morning, the air-conditioning went dead again at 4:00am.

If you are a business traveler, and need a good night's sleep to perform the next day, be aware that you could be in for a little surprise at this hotel.

1 Thank JohnTan_12