“Tec Sidemount Course in Subic Bay”

Scuba Tech Philippines
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Subic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sidemount Technical Wreck - Specialist Diving Tuition PADI TecTec Courses One-to-One Skills Clinics and Group Workshops Basic, Technical and Advanced Wreck Sidemount TecRec Tec40 - Tec45 - Tec50 - Trimix Blender PADI Wreck Diver to Technical Wreck
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had a two and half days PADI Tec Sidemount course in Subic Bay with Andy. We carefully planned it in advace and all went great. The visibility underwater wasn't that good in February but I had a good opportunity to see some WWII ship wrecks of which this Bay is famous. Andy is very much focusing to the training and won't compromise the quality with the other aspects. I enjoy very much my training and I am already planning to take other courses with him.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank marcus_s72
There are newer reviews for Scuba Tech Philippines

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having been taught by Andy was a real good and interesting experience. We became friends over time online and through mutual friends and when I was looking for my side mount certification in August 2012 my choice was simple and easy and I've never looked back, so to say!
The knowledge of Andy and the delivery are phenomenal, he takes you through all course steps calmly and it all becomes easy. He's patient and he knows all the wrecks in Subic Bay inside out.
Andy went the extra mile, for real. Being a highly educated recreational dive professional myself, I found it refreshing to sit in the 'school banks' again with such an outstanding instructor!
I'm looking forward to more diving and courses with Andy!

2  Thank samuilimbo
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Me and a friend took the padi open water with andy @ scuba tech in early October and it turned out great very much thanks to andy. To start with we where a bit short on time, both me and my friend had a set date when it would be very good if the course was complete. Andy was very flexible, and was also open for a backup plan in case it would not work out.
It turned out that we lived quite close to each other in Manila, and we had several meetups in the evening discussing the theoretical stuff you need for the course. (all included in the package).

When it came to the practical parts we were very unlucky, a typhoon hit Subic just that weekend which meant the already constrained time was even more limited. Good thing it we could do pool dives even with a strong wind and heavy rain! (rained so bad during that day that our hotel room was flooded!). However, Andy kept up a positive and flexible mind and everything was possible to fit in. At the same time you could feel that he really wanted you to learn the stuff and keeping you safe, Im definitely sure you will be a safe diver after a course with andy.

I would recommend scuba tech for anyone that want to dive with a very experienced diver that take it seriously even if you are just doing the beginners course.

Note: I waited with this review until I had made a real dive so I knew how the contents of the course translated into real use. Now after I made a dive I can say that yes, you get a very good training with Andy @ suba tech.

2  Thank Victor B
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Scheduled a day of diving with Andy at Scuba Tech and very much enjoyed it. The weather did not cooperate and was overcast and rainy (not unexpected during rainy season). We did a three tank trip on the New York, Barges, and El Capitan. The New York is a very cool wreck and I could have easily spent all three tanks on it exploring it. The Barges are not exactly wreck dives, but the amount and diversity of fish on the Barges are amazing. There is also a MASSIVE school of jacks hanging around the Barges so definitely worth visiting. Finally, El Capitan is a cool little wreck with lots of nooks and crannies and lots of fish life. If you listen carefully, you can even hear the dolphins in their pens and the local dolphin show.

I will agree the visibility is not the greatest at Subic, but it really is not that bad. Even when it was overcast and rainy I thought the visibility was decent enough to dive. If you are expecting Coral Seas 30+ meter visibility, then you will be disappointed. However, if you want to see some cool wrecks, good fish life, and don't mind a little less visibility, Subic Bay is definitely worth a try.

Andy at Scuba Tech was great to dive with and very safety oriented. On one of our dives, my friend had some issues and Andy made sure we stayed together as a group and safely got back to the surface. I was very impressed with Andy's knowledge of the wrecks and the Subic Bay area. I would highly recommend Andy to anyone planning a trip to Subic!

3  Thank victorelee
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Hello Everyone,

I spent four days diving with Andy Davis from Scua Tech Philippines in July of 2011. I took my AOW and some specialty course and enjoyed every minute of it. Andy made the courses enjoyable, fun, and added to the courses with his vast knowledge of technical diving skills. I learned a lot and became a better dive in the small amount of time I was there.
I also recommend Subic Bay as a great dive destination with some awesome wrecks to explore and of course Andy will show you the best they have to offer as he knows the dive sites like the back of his hand.
So if your in the Philippines and looking to take a course or just want to have fun diving with a professional who can help you with any aspects of your diving. I would look up Scuba Tech Philippines for your next diving adventures.

Steve R.