“Big surprise: New but not working AND threatening!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Subic
Baloy Sunrise Apartelle
Ranked #3 of 11 Subic B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I wanted to stay for a few days in Subic Bay and chose this resort. Upon arrival I was given a room in the new building (opened in 2010) and the room looked very nice. But the surprises didn't wait for long (in brackets the reaction / comment of hotel management):

1. The in-room safety box was not wall-mounted but could be removed easily, e.g. for take-away. (this is no problem - never anything happened here)

2. Cleanliness 1: The Toilet-paper-bin was still full from the previous guest and an empty shower gel bottle was lying around. (unchanged after the room was made up after one night!)

3. Cleanliness 2: Floor dusty/dirty like after construction took place. Just walking from the shower to the bed barefoot left you with white, sandy feet. (unchanged after the room was "cleaned" after one night)

4. Sink in toilet leaked. As a consequence everything you spit into the sink shortly after flows over your feet. (-)

Due these negative experiences I checked out, paid the bill as requested (two nights) and left. That was one thing and can happen. But then I experienced something unusual and rather disturbing:

One day after my departure I received an angry e-mail from the owner, who instructed me to pay for more nights than two or he will inform Tourist Police, which will then ask Immigration to hold me back at my departure!

Well, I had no problem to depart, but this style is the least customer orientation I have ever experienced in traveling for over 15 years.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
8  Thank TomWorldTraveler
baloysunrise, Public Relations Manager at Baloy Sunrise Apartelle, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Sir, we have not been e-a member for long time, therefore, this late response. Also we have had to look in our files who you are, etc. We can see, that you have no complaints at all when you stay there for 2 days. We can see, there has been cleaning the 2 days you stay there and we have had the same staff for many years. Correct, the safe-box was not wall mounted at that time but we have various kinds security 24 hours. We can not repair a leak etc. before that happen - the same with all hotels. We can see in one of our many e-mails that you have been in the beach, so probably like most other having sand in your body, dress or shoes.
In your e-mail you checked in for 1 week because we will not allow people to check in for 2 days in the peak season because it is APARTELLE.
Many resort in the area have an agreement to report to the tourist police if guest cheat with booking and/or payment.
We do know for sure you have NO intension to stay 1 week because you already have a ticket out of the country.
Sleep quality was not good i do understand. We have the best matress called "Orthopedic" and at the time brand new.
I am sorry you did not like our resort like almost all guest.
Regards, Jorgen Mortensen ( Booking Manager )

There are newer reviews for Baloy Sunrise Apartelle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Subic
Subiza Beach Resort
Subiza Beach Resort
#13 of 18 in Olongapo
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#16 of 27 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Cherry Midtown Hotel
Cherry Midtown Hotel
#8 of 18 in Olongapo
Subic Waterfront Resort and Hotel

Been to Baloy Sunrise Apartelle? Share your experiences!