Baloy Sunrise Apartelle
$71
TravelBook.ph
  • Pool
Whiterock Waterpark and Beach Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
$132
$52
$47
$44
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswater tankhotel roomstovegroceriesstorephotoswifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Sometimes , should you be smarter and do not write anything.
But when people are nice to me, will I repay it, as write this review.
One of the biggest problem with Sunrise is that they are very popular and then often full booked.
Beacuse it is such a very good place to live.
And I am afraid this review will make it more popular..

Sunrise rooms are like an apartement, it has nearly everything you need .
I have been to many places in the world, and has lived in hotelrooms the last 3 years.
This is the best room , I have lived in.

I had a very good bed, a big refrigator with a big freezer, new stove, Microwave,.toaster, A new 31 inch flatscreen televison, with a USB contact,, so I could plug in my small external hardisk and watch Tv series or movies that I had downloaded, photos and music too.
A silent Air condtion, with temperatur control ( Sometimes can AC in other hotels be very loud and either to cold or warm)
And you had a table and chairs outside your terrace .

Sunrise is like living in a apartment.
As live in a hotel apartement, where you can make your own food, can make your life easier and cheaper..
Why go out every morning to a restaurant to eat breakfast, when you cheap and easy can make a few eggs and bacon and toast some bread, very fast.in your room,
Sunrise sells beer and soda to nice prices from their reception.
But they also sold 20 liter distellied water tank from booth Sunris 1 and 2 for 50 peso.
So you do not need to carry this heavy water tank from a store.

If I should find something negative with Sunrise, ( Nothing is perfect and if a review is to perfect, is it lesser believed)
The staff in Sunrise is very nice and helpfull, and clean your room very good.

This is only small problems.
The bathroom faucet broke,but was replaced same day.
The kitchen faucet also broke, but was not never repaired: I could have push them more to fix it, but I easly used the emergency faucet under the sink,so I got water.
The terrace door lock broke, but was replaced next day.
Sunrise has a little special wifi system, where you have to log in every 6 hours.
They said this system is to make it equal for all guests, personally it annoyed me little.
Also that it took some time to get log in first time...
But I got use to this system after some time, so no big problem.
So the only small negative thing with Sunrise, is that service could be litle faster and better.
I live in Sunrise over 2 months, so of course things will broke down and other problems will happen.

And I will very soon come back to live for longer time.
Well, this was my review of Sunrise, one of the best hotel room I have lived in.

You can find cheaper places like apartements in Baretto, But then must you often pay a month depostitum, And sad to say have I heard stores where the owner, often Phillipine owner, has disapeared or will not give you al depositum back when you will move out.
Maybe bigger rooms, but often a old Television , stove, AC and old furniture and bad bed.

Now, shall I write little more about Baretto and Barretto baloy beach, based on my two months visit there and also explain why I like to live in this place.

The beach is very close to Sunrise, and I like to sit close to the water and have a drink at a restaurant and look out at the calm sea and hopefully get some refresing breeze.Sadly, is the water little pollution, even that i often see phillipines swim in it .Sunrise do not have a swimmingpool, but as I have understand have they a deal with Treasure Island hotels swimmingpool , that is close to Sunrise.That you can use their pool for free.
I would use little money there to be sure.
Hotel Ettan has also a nice swimmingpool, that you can use if you consume for 350 peso each person. Or Wild Orchide blue crystal clear swimmingpool for 500 peso each consume.

Nearly all restaurant and bar in Baloy beach are open 24 hours .And there is several of them
Johan dive hotel and restaurant, simple and cheap food and drinks 24 hours.
Ettan restaurant, also 24 hours , but only a very good pizza at night.
And Blue Rock has maybe one of the best food in Asia, has some told me
And it is safe to walk at Baloy beach at night from Getaway to Harley.
But from Harley to town at night, would i maybe use a Trix to be totally safe.

In Baretto town , a 15 minutts walk or a trix to 50 peso, Is it a lot of restaurants, stores and marked,
Where I use to buy all my groceries very cheap
An also a night life, with all kind of bars .
That was one thing I liked with living at Baloy beach, nice places to eat and drink, without a lot of girls that bother you. Very quiet too...

How to get to Baretto.
From Clark airport or Angeles city, is it tourist bus that take you to Baretto beach and back for 500 peso each way, around one and a half hour drive.
Enjoy Baretto town and beach.

Room Tip: I have lived in Sunrise 1 and 2, Not really a big difference, but sorry, Which room I liked best will be my secret.lol
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
14  Thank Chrismic59
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good service and very clean. Apartelle perfect for 2 people. Only problem is very hard to book in high season because mostly fully booked up. By experience we have already booked for the whole month of October. It is the 3rd time we have been in Sunrise.

Room Tip: Book in long time before you will stay, specially in the peak season
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Michael B
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We really liked our stay in Baloy Sunrise, Subic Bay. Sunrise Apartelle is a very nice accomadation with private kitchen with all necessary appliances. You can cook your own food without any problems even easy to eat out with plenty of restaurants both International and Local and all with reasonable price. Few minutes to the Beach both from Sunrise 1 and 2. High service and very friendly staff who all belongs to the family. We stayed there 14 days and will for sure come back in April.
Dave and Margaret

Room Tip: Book in early because most of the time occupied
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank David A
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We arrived about 9 a.m. but were able to check in without additional cost. The location for us ( middle age couple ) were perfect. Very quiet place but still only 2 minutes from the beach and restaurants. For people who like bar/disco only 1 km. away. In our 1 month stay we have cleaning etc. 3 times weekly but more if we requested - and free. Cleaning were perfect inside as well as outside even hard to clean in the rainy season. Our water heater was not working once but were changed within 1 hour. When we left the rain was very heavy son the owner brought us to the bus terminal. Hope to come back in the "Sun shine season "
Best wishes from Hammond Family

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Hammonds1955
Reviewed June 17, 2011

First let me say, that I allways fell like home when I stay at Baloy Sunrise Apartelle.
Every person I have met is kind and I have never had any problems with either the owner Mortensen or he's wife. I have stayed there the last 3 times I have been in the country.
Two times in the first and the oldest part of the hotel and the last time I was in the new part.
Dont think you will find anything like it anywhere in the city for the same price !
2 min walk to the beach, trikes and bars.
I have problems understanding those bad reviwes of this hotel. On every vacation I have had on this hotel I have spoken to peopel who has come back year after year to stay in this hotel..and everyone has only good things to say about it
Let me end this review by saying that I will be comming back to Baloy Sunrise Apartelle as long as it keeps up the good standard as it has now. Thumps up for this hotel :-)

Room Tip: Try to book in the new hotel :-)
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
12  Thank GladGut
baloysunrise, Public Relations Manager at Baloy Sunrise Apartelle, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Dear Sir and wife,

Thanks for your nice review which we do appreciate very much. We are looking forward to see you in the future. Please book in advance so hopefully, you can have the Apartelle you prefer . For your information we will once again extend with 3 more Apartelle at the 3. floor.

Regards,
Jorgen Mortensen ( Booking Manager )