“new name and new management,but great pool.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dreamland Resort and Hotel

Dreamland Resort and Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Subic
Dreamland Resort and Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Subic B&B and Inns
bangkok
“new name and new management,but great pool.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

50 years ago this may have been dreamland.....great pool x 2,poolbar,2 resturants.ok rooms and a lot of employes.The food ok,but after a few days every thing taste the same..?unless u switch to pinoy menu.The place could have really been something,if not for all the halfbuild bungalows lack of maintaines and the huge gang of daddys.....you can be a daddy if you invest a huge/small amount into the prosject i belive.(buying a condo/room).At night the whole place is empty unless if u regard the guard a few hundred m away from the compound as company.Last i saw, it was under new mangament,new name and maybe new daddys.Could and may be a great place in the future.....got potentiale..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank eric m

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lae, PNG
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I regret immensly staying at this hotel. I stayed for 6 nights and curse myself for paying for the entire stay at check-in. I would later find out that on the reception counter is a small sign that states no outside food or drink is to be brought into the hotel. This is not something that is brought to the attention on guests checking in. I found out after going to town and bringing back some pineapple juice cans for our room. The guard at the gate tried to stop me taking it in. I argued and then went to reception to talk to the manager. The manager / owner that I talked to was an Australian gentleman who was very arrogant. I admitted that I didn't see the sign and that I understood the policy and wouldn't do it again, but he insisted that I wasn't allowed to take the goods to my room. I threatened to check out and go elsewhere and his response was go then... After some heated discussion, he agreed to allow me to take the items to my room but insisted that I couldn't do it, he would bring it to me, which he did about 30 mins later. I felt like a second class citizen.
The hotel was empty for our entire trip. The most people I saw around the pool or at the restuarant was about 6 and it was high season in February. The room was ok, but the bed was like concrete and the air con was extremly noisy and old. I went to reception to ask for an extra pillow and was told that it would be 50pesos. I nealry choked. In the end the receptionist (who was on duty the day before when I had my arguement with the manager) gave it to me for free. It was an extremely unpleasant stay at this resort. We ate at the restuarant for lunch on the very first day that we arrived and it was terrible. We did not eat at it again for the entire stay. The kitchen is an open area and you could see flys everywhere. I would suggest that you stay clear of this hotel. For the price there are many more hotels close by that would have offered a much better experience. If I hadn't paid up front, I would have moved straight away! (Silly Me). I did notice on the last day as we were waiting for the bus to collect us that a guest and his enterouge arrived and were checking in. The same manager greeted them so they must be regulars. Have to say I was very upset to see along with the bags atleast 4 bags of food and drink being taken to the room. Seems they have double standards!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank tincoll

Travelers are raving about these Subic hotels

Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed there for five nights: the room clean and spacious. The hotel itself is clean and safe; staff very friendly and helpful. The swimming pool is very large and excellent for swimming. Breakfast and other meals can be had by the pool. When we stayed, there were very few other guests. The grounds are very big and the resort is well spaced out. If you are looking for a quiet relaxing place to stay then I can recommend this resort. The only drawback is that it is quite a walk to the beach side bars and restaurants. They did not accept credit cards when we came to pay. It would have been nice if they had told us when we checked-in. Had to pay 50% non-refundable depsoit when we booked online.

Room Tip: Choose a Superior Room in the new block.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank BB111
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

As you can read at this website, I have been to this resort several times in the past... And always choosing this place in Subic, means that, in my opinion it's a great place to stay!
When I checked in I mentioned that a part of my shower was broken, and in no time the staff came to fix it! Security is top, needing a gate pass to leave and enter the premises... which gives a default feeling!
Staff is very friendly! Just one small remark, there are not enough beach chairs at the huge and nice swimming pool area! Maybe the owner should invest just a few peso so that guests really can relax at the poolside!

• Stayed January 2012
6 Thank Sammypla
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed there last year... found the place when I was walking from Baretto to Subic (love walking)! So at that time there was a promotion and had still 3 days left. So, tool a chance to stay at Dreamland! And for me it was the best choice ever!
I visit the Phil for twenty years now, just 4 or 5 days each time at Baretto and stayed at so many places... And I really think this is the best place I ever stayed. The economy room was big and clean... Staff are very well responding to the guests need... And as I read in a review before... very fast reply to e-mails!
Guess what... Now I am transit in Abu Dhabi... On my way to Dreamland again... 09/16/2011

• Stayed October 2010
8 Thank Sammypla
Makati
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Place has so much potential but looks like it was built about 20 years ago and has had zero maintenance ever since. Pool is great, prices are super low, but the place generally is just so depressing we couldn't bring ourselves to spend the night here.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Kalbo666
Sahuarita
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

Decided to take the kids out and treat them to a night in a hotel resort so that they could do some swimming. I could not have been happier with the service I recieved. Everything was spot on from check in to check out. I reserved two deluxe rooms with an extra bed in each and lo and behold everything was in place waiting for our arrival. The kids had a great day swimming in the two swimming pools while Dad relaxed by the pool. Food was reasonably priced and the portions were large. Free Wi-Fi throughout the resort was an added plus. I will be making more return trips in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RoamingSEAsia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Subic
Mangrove Resort Hotel
Subic Waterfront Resort and Hotel
Club Morocco Resort
Club Morocco Resort
#1 of 2 in Subic

Been to Dreamland Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!