“Kalesa bed”

and 1 more site!
Grandpa's Inn
Ranked #5 of 31 Vigan B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

It was my first time in Vigan and I loved my 2 day stay here. It had the perfect feel for the old city and I loved all the old collection of things they had. It was a very interesting place and very close to the main street which was so convenient.

The beds were so cute too, which were old horse carriage. The room was clean as well as the bathrooms.
I would definitely come back and stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank weezawanders

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Grandpa's Inn was a welcome treat after the long hours we spent on the road from Manila to Vigan. The place looks like an old Filipino style ancestral house from the Spanish times. There were a lot of antiques on display and beautiful carved wooden furniture and paintings.

The staff was always very pleasant and helpful. The family room that we got was very clean and comfy. The room also had a good sized and clean bathroom. There's also a communal bathroom on the second floor (where we stayed) as well. The room also had air conditioning, cable tv and wi-fi. There are also rooms that are fan-cooled with no tv for a lower price on the ground floor.

The place is about 1.5 blocks away from Calle Crisologo which is (to me) the whole point of going to Vigan. It's also about 5 minutes away from the town plaza where you'll find shopping, restaurants and the Vigan cathedral. In case you need to do some last minute souvenir shopping, they have their own souvenir and antique shop just across the street. There are also some places to eat just outside the inn. They also have their own parking lot in case you're bringing your own car

I loved my entire stay in Vigan. Grandpa's Inn will definitely be my first choice when I make my next travel plans there. You can check them out at www.grandpas-inn.com

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Fizzywoohoo
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My first visit in Vigan was amazing. Thanks to Grand Pa's inn for making it unforgettable. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights during the Fiesta and we never saw anything wrong! The location was really perfect. Near the plaza, few steps from calle crisologo. The rooms has its authentic vigan style. Bathroom was clean. Even the washroom at the groundfloor. They have a cafe with various frappes and imported drinks and it is very affordable almost half the price of Starbucks! They have 3 restaurants and all the dishes that we tasted was extremely delicious. Still, affordable! Bagnet, Longganisa, Pakbet. I am not into filipino dishes but yes i gained weight here. lol. What i love most about the place and the whole Vigan itself, is that they dont take advantage of the tourists! Everythings cheap but still magical. For the whole heritage experience its almost unbelievable. We'll be back real soon!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jaey Marchaille S
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Grandpa's inn was one of the best place i have been. All we can say is "wow"...they have a simple but clean rooms with full of old stuff. The food was great too and affordable. We will surely go back in this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Me and my husband decided to go Vigan last March 18-19, 2014, for our honeymoon getaway..we arrived at 10pm, still need to look for hotel..we really don't know anything regarding grandpa's inn, until we get there. We were very hungry that time because of 10 hrs travel from cubao, not mentioning that it was already very late in the evening still they manage to serve us their bestseller longganisa burger with hot choco ...it was really delicious...We stayed at rm 12, it was clean, comfortable and affordable.., yes you really get what you paid for...We had a very nice sleep..They serve different variaties for breakfast, you can choose from any of their bestseller/delicacies..the foods were great....and the staff were very friendly, they hire "kalesa" for us to tour us around the city...yes, Mang Ceasar was the owner of kales, ( i just forgot the name of the horse)...Mang cesar was very friendly...It was a great honeymoon, being with your husband, staying at a very comfortable and accomodating place...really a great experience..looking forwrad to visit vigan next year and stayed of course at GRANDPA's INN...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 031514
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed here last January 26, 2014 with family. A budget hotel in a good location, just 2 blocks away from Crisologo St, has very clean room, big enough, nice ambiance because room is designed just like an old spanish house, walls is made of old bricks, and bath room is very clean with hot and cold shower. I heard that they have kalesa bed, but ours is not that (maybe we stayed in a family room). There is hot and cold water dispenser in the lobby. Foods taste good. I will definitely stay here again in my future visit in Vigan and will recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank candidmybs
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Before I booked to Grandpa's Inn, I checked the prices of all other places on the web but only Grandpa's Inn has a good price to offer and the location is a matter of 2 blocks away from Calle Crisologo. We checked in last Dec. 30 and rented their family room. The room is big enough to accommodate us family of 5 and their service is really great from the receptionist area specially Ms Peralta (if I'm not mistaken) and all other staff were very kind and so helpful. They even invite us for their Employee's New Year's Party. Their free breakfast help us to last till afternoon. Grandpa's Inn has an array of old memorabilia that is really nice to see from old tables, chairs, spoons collections and so many. Walking to Calle Crisostomo & Syquia Mansion took us 10-15 mins. walk, no need to ride a tricycle. You can even walk to their plaza and some shopping areas.

If you're in a budget and looking for a place with a good service and warm people, I highly recommend Grandpa's Inn.

Room Tip: Best place to stay in Vigan.