“Newly wedd”
Review of Grandpa's Inn

Grandpa's Inn
Ranked #5 of 30 Vigan B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Me and my husband decided to go Vigan last March 18-19, 2014, for our honeymoon getaway..we arrived at 10pm, still need to look for hotel..we really don't know anything regarding grandpa's inn, until we get there. We were very hungry that time because of 10 hrs travel from cubao, not mentioning that it was already very late in the evening still they manage to serve us their bestseller longganisa burger with hot choco ...it was really delicious...We stayed at rm 12, it was clean, comfortable and affordable.., yes you really get what you paid for...We had a very nice sleep..They serve different variaties for breakfast, you can choose from any of their bestseller/delicacies..the foods were great....and the staff were very friendly, they hire "kalesa" for us to tour us around the city...yes, Mang Ceasar was the owner of kales, ( i just forgot the name of the horse)...Mang cesar was very friendly...It was a great honeymoon, being with your husband, staying at a very comfortable and accomodating place...really a great experience..looking forwrad to visit vigan next year and stayed of course at GRANDPA's INN...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 031514
There are newer reviews for Grandpa's Inn

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed here last January 26, 2014 with family. A budget hotel in a good location, just 2 blocks away from Crisologo St, has very clean room, big enough, nice ambiance because room is designed just like an old spanish house, walls is made of old bricks, and bath room is very clean with hot and cold shower. I heard that they have kalesa bed, but ours is not that (maybe we stayed in a family room). There is hot and cold water dispenser in the lobby. Foods taste good. I will definitely stay here again in my future visit in Vigan and will recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank candidmybs
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Before I booked to Grandpa's Inn, I checked the prices of all other places on the web but only Grandpa's Inn has a good price to offer and the location is a matter of 2 blocks away from Calle Crisologo. We checked in last Dec. 30 and rented their family room. The room is big enough to accommodate us family of 5 and their service is really great from the receptionist area specially Ms Peralta (if I'm not mistaken) and all other staff were very kind and so helpful. They even invite us for their Employee's New Year's Party. Their free breakfast help us to last till afternoon. Grandpa's Inn has an array of old memorabilia that is really nice to see from old tables, chairs, spoons collections and so many. Walking to Calle Crisostomo & Syquia Mansion took us 10-15 mins. walk, no need to ride a tricycle. You can even walk to their plaza and some shopping areas.

If you're in a budget and looking for a place with a good service and warm people, I highly recommend Grandpa's Inn.

Room Tip: Best place to stay in Vigan.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank merlinda_trias
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have the Kalesa Bed and its really nice. kinda creepy though :). Very nice location. Love the reception(the eye catching old stuff). Rooms is amazing, food is great. Hate to say this but i'll be staying here the next time I visit Vigan again. One of the best B and B.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Ajula
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and i tried grandpa's inn for breakfast one time while in Vigan. After we ordered our food, a group of 6 people came and ordered their breakfast after us. About 30minutes later their food came passing behind us. Another 20minutes after that, ours finally came. We were on our last bites when our coffee/tea was served(because we asked them where our drinks are)..then they gave us two cups filled with hot water and coffee/tea packets. So i have to mess the table with all those empty sachets. I looked around to see the standard coffee service. We were the only ones cutting packets in the whole dining area... Making a coffee in my table isnt a big deal at all just as long as i see everyone doing the same. And we came first so our food is expected to be served earlier than the late comers. I would understand if it was a steak. A fried egg and a toast doesnt even take 30 mins to make. It was an awful experience. We talked to one of the supervisors about this but there were no apologies made not even a look of being sorry. What a waste of time! The inn itself doesnt seem cheap, not until you dine. No standards. Unattentive service. Poor

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rajen M
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This hotel was recommended by a local and it was very good. The staff were very welcoming and the rooms were well appointed and clean. One of our group had a high sleigh bed in a character room and enjoyed the difference. Everything worked, the wifi was a little erratic and the airconditioner was loud but tolerable. The hotel is in the heart of the listed area and is a moments walk from the main attractions. Try the carriage ride around town - nice way to see the sights if you are short of time

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bruce G
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was summer when we stayed here. I really love the decorations and their display when you first enter the reception. It was actually a house that they turned as an Inn. We got the standard room and it was clean and tight. But anyway I didn't much expect much since we got it a lower price. The bathroom was too small. My boyfriend is having a hard time whenever he uses the bathroom. Anyway, I so love the breakfast, the decors and the staff as well. Grandpas Inn's decors was like you are in museum, so we didn't miss to take some photos. Their place is also near the museums and churches. You can actually tour around Vigan on foot. Try it too. It was really fun.

Room Tip: Take the room away from the street so you won't here any noises when you sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple