“Nice Stay and Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Condotel Asuncion

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vigan
Condotel Asuncion
Ranked #2 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Vigan
Taif, Saudi Arabia
“Nice Stay and Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

The plus side to this condotel is location, location, location! It is centrally located in Vigan city near Calle Crisologo, the central Plaza, and the fountains. It is within a short walk of several dining choices or you can bring your own food and cook in the kitchenette in your room. It includes a single electric hotplate, a sink, a microwave, a ref/freezer, and hot water boiler. We stayed in 202 (Double size bed). The room has an LCD tv with a decent selection of channels. The bathroom is apportioned with a hot water heater in the shower and a spray next to the toilet. The staff was very accommodating and pleasant. We walked in and within 10 minutes we were in our rooms. No reservations but this isn't peak season. If I am in Vigan again, this is my first pick of hotels!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank flyhi_nelson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
baguio city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had difficulty booking a room at Condotel Asuncion. I didn't get any reply from my email and Facebook inquiries. And nobody was answering their landline. Ended up staying at a different hotel on our first night in Vigan. Good thing we found Condotel Asuncion and there was an available room despite the peak season we were in the city. However, the only room left was huge room good for 4pax. But Gizelle at the front desk was quick to give us a 10% discount since we were only 2pax staying in the room. The room was very spacious and looked very beautiful.

We were very happy with the service of the staff at this Condotel. Even the guard was courteous and attentive.

Gave the following feedback to Gizelle after staying for a night: the floor and cabinets need sweeping and dusting, found some cobwebs on the ceiling and caught 4 small roaches in the room and toilet. Hopefully they can improve on room maintenance. I guess since the room has a kitchenette, it is sometimes inevitable to attract insects into cooking areas.

Their landline is busted, call 0999-9944508 instead for reservations.

Room Tip: There is no wifi in the condotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank serendipity2008
quezon city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I guess anywhere in Vigan would be a great location since everywhere you turn is a tourist spot.But I really loved the fact that this place exists. It's a breakaway from the hotels are 'old'. I do enjoy soaking in the history in places like Vigan but I really can't get a good night's sleep in a room that looks like my great grandparents' master bedroom. Scares the ---- out of me. This condotel was exactly what I was looking for. It had everrything I needed. A bed, a t&b with hot shower, a great location and friendly staff- all contemporary themed. Reservations thru sms and email was quick and convenient.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank alias34
dumaguete
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

It will be difficult to find something which I do NOT like about CONDOTEL ASCUNSION. The
previous reviews here pretty much convinced me that this was where we should stay during
our visit to Vigan. All the positive statements made by previous reviewers about this property are re-affirmed.

I am surprised that the Condotel is not better known and more frequently reviewed. This could be due
to its placement in the 'Specialty Lodging' category. I wonder why?

There was none of the all too frequent hassles associated with trying to make a reservation
frequently encountered in the Philippines. I asked for a room. One was available. The
reservation was made. It was that simple!

We arrived on a dark and stormy night (Typhoon UTOR) at about midnight. We registered and
were shown to our room, 202. Most of the hotel's photos are of this room.

Everything works: Air-conditioning, wide screen cable TV, gorgeous shower, hot water, Wi-Fi, fridge,
microwave. All! The toiletry sundries and coffee packets were renewed daily.

The bed was a mufti-pillowed double with a duvet comforter. This North American raised man
found it wonderful to set the air conditioner to thermo nuke and bury himself beneath it.

The location is PERFECT! Central and within walking distance from all the sights. Western
and Ilocano food possibilities are endless and close at hand. The fridge/microwave combo
facilitate endless possibilities for self catering. We frequently purchased street or prepared
food and brought it back to our room, where it was more comfortable, to eat it. No doubt a check at the weigh scale will confirm how much we enjoyed ourselves.

The hotel's manager even explained some tax exemptions which Anne will teach to others in her
hospitality classes. The service is so complete that the hotel was even built over a branch of our
bank. The ATM is right beneath us when we need more spending loot. It is easy for that to
occur in Vigan!

We heartily recommend a stay at the Condotel Ascunsion. Will will return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank davfitz
Marikina City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

My impression was so-so when I first heard of the condotel's name since I got used to Vigan Plaza Hotel's amenities but that would seem unfair because this is a condotel, not a hotel. The room was 303 and I felt that wow factor emanating in the room. I never expected it to give off that comfy feeling. Nice bed, that mini kitchen, that TV, I didn't mind about breakfast that was not included since this condotel has no in-house restaurant. I can go out and look for some place to eat around Burgos Plaza and it is just a walking distance from Calle Crisologo (Heritage Walk). Everything's functioning well. All basic amenities are present except slippers, toothbrush and toothpaste. No swimming pool, remember it's just a condotel.

Room Tip: I never bothered asking the receptionist but I guess you may bring your food. There's a refrige...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Ailuropaws
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Due to the long holiday for Holy Week all hotels we are trying to contact were already fully booked, we're trying even transient houses but can't get any available units. I happen to came across the name of this condotel from a blog so I gave them a call and they have a room for us! I wasn't expecting much they don't even have their own website and not much personality online, in my mind I know what important is we have a place to sleep (a family of 10 with 4 kids) I was just hoping that it is at least clean and safe. When we arrived there We are all caught in a suprise, the place is so clean and comfy! Yey! We got the family room, 3 queen size bed and we requested for an extra bed, you have your own kitchen and you can cook, Cable tv, free wifi and aircon is working good. Their place is almost new. We are so happy with the place, I was requesting for another night stay but since its peak season we weren't able to extend another night but we surely would love to come back. And I forgot to mention, their location is just within the famous heritage site of Vigan.

Room Tip: They have limited rooms so you have to call them outright.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family