“Very good hotel, well-located with friendly staff”
Review of Gordion Hotel

Gordion Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Vigan
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here.

We arrived very early in the morning (took a bus from Manila to Vigan and arrived at 5:30am) and were warmly greeted at the hotel. The check-in process was fairly smooth (I’d booked the hotel on hotels.com, yet they did not have a confirmation of it…I showed them the confirmation and they accepted it) and they even allowed us to check-in early, which was very nice and accommodating. The lobby and main areas are nice and traditional Spanish-Filipino. Our room was pretty basic – linoleum floors, basic beds and decent bathroom. The room and bathroom were both very spacious (maybe I’m just used to the small spaces in San Francisco and Europe) and comfortable. Our room was equipped with an air conditioner and TV and helped to make the room very comfortable.

Our room included breakfast and it was very good – a choice of fish, pork sausage or beef with rice and egg. It was a basic meal, but good and a nice way for starting-off sightseeing in Vigan.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who’s looking to visit Vigan, Philippines. It’s conveniently located and right in the center of everything. The hotel is reasonably-priced and clean with a very friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JetSetKen

Reviewed April 23, 2012

From the moment my wife and I arrived, it was evident that this hotel was all about service. A very well-trained staff, and a wonderfully beautiful older Spanish-style hotel....this is what we had in mind when planning our adventure to Old Vigan! We had a very large room on the top floor, with windows that slid open, for a beautiful view of the old surrounding town. Just a few steps away, a wonderful balcony overlooking the town, and for star-gazing. Included buffet breakfast each morning was great by me, but my wife would have liked to have a few more choices, as she's a vegetarian. Great fresh-brewed coffee (a rarity in these parts), and service, service, service. This is a smallish place with an old Spanish feel. Immaculately clean. Our room was HUGE! TV and AC. Room service with very low prices. Awesome shower and bathroom! I thought there was a mistake on our room service bill (we ordered everything!), it was so low. No mistake. My only complaint...the bar is really for show...it was never really open, and I thought by looking at their website, that this would be a nighttime gathering place. Rarely open, and behind a closed door. Just a plain good value and a great, clean place. If you can handle the transport means to get here, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Get a top floor room for views of the town.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We arrived here a day early than what I had booked online.The staff at the front desk changed my booking and accomodated us,i also upgraded for a bigger room.They are helpful and friendly.Our room was big enough for 3 adults and 1 child.Bathroom is clean,we had complimentary bottled water,coffee and tea.Rates are a bit higher here in Vigan but it was expected because they have better accomodations.I love the breakfast area outdoors,and we enjoyed the vigan longganisa.We only stayed overnight because we are headed to Laoag then Pagudpud the next day.The have a secure parking area which is a plus.Hotel is just a block away from Calle Crisologo.I recommend this hotel for good service,no complaints.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I REALLY APPRECIATED the front office and waiters/waitresses for being nice to us, we really like how they treat us as their guest.
when we arrived at the hotel the(morning) receptionist gave us a beautiful smile, and a good service with their bell man.
hope to see u soon

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Ana_Marie_Alcantara, General Manager at Gordion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am especially heartened to learn that our Team Members’ high service standards contributed to making your stay a memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Gordion Hotel to explore more of what our destination has to offer.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful 5 day stay at the family owned and very well managed Gordion Inn. We flew in and out via Laoag Airport. Transfer arrangements to Vigan were made by the hotel and it was so seamless. The food was great. My hard-to-feed-gringo husband especially enjoyed breakfast in the open garden area. The staff was thoughtful and very well trained. Did I say honest? My diamond bracelet must have dropped from my wrist unknowingly, only realized it missing when we were at the airport leaving. I made a quick phone call to the hotel, not knowing what to tell them where to start looking. To my surprise, an employee has already found it and turned it in. All in all, we had a great vacation. Vigan is such a magical place to visit, if only those old homes could talk, and Gordion Inn is the place to stay. We shall return!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marilag
Ana_Marie_Alcantara, General Manager at Gordion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Thank you for your review of Gordion Hotel. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and have shared your most encouraging comments with the team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Best Regards,
Ana Marie L. Alcantara

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We did not continue our check-in because of some disagreements with their front desk staff. Their staff even told us that we will pay only the non-refundable P400 reservation fee when we cancel our reservation. So we transferred to another hotel. After two days, they just charged my credit card with the entire amount of two-night stay (P4,400!) that we reserved. They considered me as no-show guest. Why they didn’t even bother to explain or warn us before we cancel our reservation? They made no effort to tell me that even if we stay in the nearby hotel, I will still be paying Gordion Hotel. No wonder because they can still charge my credit card. They can always let unhappy customers walk-out of their hotel because they can still charge the customer’s credit card. They just told me that I should have read and understood the terms and conditions on their website before I input my credit card details and make a reservation.

Just a piece of advice so that you will not experience what happened to us: Be careful when using Gordion Hotel’s online reservation especially because you will be inputting your credit card details. Just read carefully the terms and conditions (remember that they are made to protect the hotel from any losses). Do not attempt to clarify these terms and conditions with their staff because chances are, they do not understand it. The staff may further confuse you and in the end it will be your fault because you did not read the terms and conditions.

I should have listened to my friend that I do not need to make reservation with Gordion Hotel because one can always go there as walk-in guest.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank onaldo
Ana_Marie_Alcantara, General Manager at Gordion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Dear Sir,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience by posting your opinions on Trip Advisor. We highly appreciate your feedback.

Online credit card and cancellation policy and procedure applies to most hotels (big or small) anywhere in the world. Very well traveled people, people working in the credit card industry and hospitality industry are aware of these policies and procedures.

As said in my email earlier, I have personally investigated your complaint and would like to apologize for the inconvenience which has caused you.

I would like to inform you that even before you made reservation and before encoding your credit card number, Gordion Hotel and our partner were transparent and clearly stated/explained online regarding Cancellation Policy wherein most hotels have the same policy and procedures. Policies were clearly stated/explained however you had different expectations. That is a universal rule in any hotel and even the airline industry.

It is also clearly stated in your reservation/confirmation voucher and cancelation letter from our partner about the Total Reservation Cost.

We have never had an incident of not explaining policies or terms and conditions in the history of this company. We regret the situation but feel we did our best under the circumstances.

Most of our staff have been working with us for a long time. We keep happy employees who are professional and willing to always do their best. While it may seem so impossible to please everyone all of the time, rest assured, it wont keep us from continuing to strive for excellence in customer service.

We feel we provide good value to our guests, and we thank you for the great help you are giving us. Rest assured that we will continue to improve our services.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed there two weeks ago for two nights, relying on the reviews in TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. The rooms were not fancy, but were clean. Showers (w/hot water) and A/C worked fine. The staff were friendly. We especially enjoyed the breakfast (included) in the garden area amongst the ruins. The hotel is only a block or two from shops, restaurants, museums and the plaza, hence very convenient to most of the things travellers will want to see.

Calesas usually can be found right in front of the hotel for a ride around town. Price was reasonable.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are just fine. The junior suite, where we stayed for one night, was big but a bi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple