Hotel Salcedo De Vigan
$102
$56
$56
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssecond floorbooked a superior roomhot towelsdon't expect too muchhidden gardena bit crampedfront desk staffwalking distancefree breakfastcrisologo streetvery nice hotelcolonial erabed was comfortablebig groupilocos regionshower heatersecurity guard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2013

we stayed in the honeymoon suite and since it's the rainy season we had a good discount.

the room it is nicely done not scary and trying hard to look like a old spanish room, bed is very comfortable, clean and we received a fruit basket and pineapple juice in our room upon check in.

the only complaint we have is their shower head that is blocked and needs changing or cleaning because the water goes all over the place no hot water is coming out of it

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank airpigdiver
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Pro:
- very cheap low season rate (2,000 per night)
- just on the corner of calle crisologo
- yummy and cheap resto (Bristro Amarillo, 200 pesos per dish)
- beautiful room with soft sheets
- nice clean bathroom with soap, shampoo and towels

Possible Con:
- no signal in our room (103) because of the thick walls (it's an old ancestral house), i personally didn't mind but other may find it problematic

great place to stay in Vigan, definitely staying here again.

Room Tip: standard room 103 doesn't get wifi or cellphone signal
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank manda31012
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hotel is clean, quiet, safe and comfortable. The bathroom is soooo clean and the shower heater is just right. Location is perfect and you can just walk easily to calle crisologo and to the plaza. Front desk personnel is very accomodating. Vigan city is an exciting place where you can reconnect with our rich filipino heritage and it gets even more exciting if you choose Hotel Salcedo not only to complete the nostalgic feeling because of the hotel's spanish ambience but also to make your stay while in memory lane more comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Menang
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Vigan was just one on my stops on my two week road trip with my girlfriend and two beagles, Maya and Pinky. I did not prebook a room but since I came on a Sunday, I figured most folks had checked out on their way back to Manila or some other destination. It was a nine hour drive from Manila and a bit more since I stopped to let the dogs out to do their stuff every few hours. I arrived at 9pm in Vigan and saw a very nice hotel called Hotel Felicidad initially. I looked at a few rooms upstairs and downstairs and then I had a deja-vu. Did I stay here back in 2007? It seemed new and then I realized that the modern renovations of the old homes are mandated to look a certain way for hotel conversions. I then remembered that I stayed at the Vigan Plaza hotel back in 2007 which was quite nice at that time but the newer versions of the upgrades of these historical homes are alot better. Then the one million dollar question to the front desk? "Do you allow dogs?" "NO," replied the front desk of Hotel Felicidad but she did point me right down the street to Hotel Salcedo De Vigan.

I drove down the dark street to the hotel just down the block expecting the same response regarding my two beagles, but to my surprise, the front desk said dogs are welcomed at the hotel. Whew, because I had three people in the car who were tired and hungry. I gave my gf and our two beagles the good news and we were greeted with a hot towel and juice when we checked in. Actually she gave us the juice initially and then I reminded her about the hot oshibori towel that I had read about in another Vigan hotel review on the assumption that this was standard reception here too and embarrassingly fetched us a couple of hot towels.

We stayed in both standard rooms and the deluxe suite. There's really not much difference except the level of amenities and decor and size of the bed. We stayed in the first floor standard the first night since it was more convenient for the dogs. Parking was on a side street which can seem scary in a strange town especially one instance when I thought I was being followed and was ready to break out into my Bruce Lee pose but it was just my paranoia in a unfamiliar town. Vigan is very safe. The rooms were very clean and the restaurant gave us a free breakfast with the room. It's only 20 steps from the next street, Crisologo, which is very pedestrian friendly calesa filled during the early evening.

As a Filipino American raised in the west most of my life, I like the Ilocano Spanish styling of these hotels although some locals might be turned off by the decor since it reminds them of grandma's house. However, I really enjoyed this part of history. The place is really up to international standards with all the amenities, hot shower, cable tv, room service, wake up calls, etc.

Maya and Pinky enjoyed their stay and give this place five paws. They even stored my bike in their conference room so I didnt have to bring it in my room.

Room Tip: stay downstairs if you have problems navigating a steep staircase.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Michael P
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is my third visit to the city but I never stayed at a local hotel in my 2 previous visits. I chose to book here as it was well-recommended plus the location was just a block away from the famous pedestrian street of Calle Crisologo. Like many hotels/inns in the area, this hotel used the original facade of the old house when it was bought then the interior was renovated till it opened 4 years ago. The front desk staff and bell service were all helpful and friendly. They have their own resto Cafe Amarillo where one could dine on local as well as Western cuisine.

The hotel interior and guest rooms are designed to evoke a colonial-era ambience, like the desk, chairs, ceiling lights, cabinet and in certain rooms even the bed.

Overall, the hotel is highly recommended and I'd stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: There is no lift/elevator here so for seniors or PWDs, I suggest you book a room at the ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family