“the best Vigan longganisa”
Review of Cafe Leona

Cafe Leona
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Vigan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Manila, Philippines
“the best Vigan longganisa”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Went here for lunch, was not really impressed until somebody told us to try their longganisa. I ended up buying bulk for pasalubong.

Visited July 2013

• Indonesian first
Cebu City, Philippines
“Scrumptious Pinakbet Pizza”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am always on the look-out for the unusual food when I am traveling. So while I was in Vigan, I tried to search for the food to eat which they are known for. Ilocano’s are known to be fond of bitter tasting food such as the Papaitan and Pinakbet. That is why when I’ve come across a restaurant that specializes on Pinakbet Pizza, I know I am in to satisfy my gastronomic craving. A scoop of the “Pinakbet” generously spread all over the Pizza crust garnished with Mozzarella Cheese was truly a divine cuisine. Service is outstanding and their price is just right for the budget. It was an exceptional foodie experience.

• Visited August 2012
Philippines
“average food, not so good service”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

me and my sister tried to grab a lunch we order pinakbet and their caldereta the food taste just average with its price,,, but their service is somewhat poor,,, nobody would greet you upon entering waiter just passing you by and we somewhat ask them 3x for spoon and fork or even service water before it will be served...

if you had more patience than me i would recommend it to you

• Visited June 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
“fast enough but too crowded”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Not knowing where to go, I consulted the internet for a restaurant in Vigan. And seeing this is the first one we'll see, we just decided to grab lunch here. It was crowded but we were lucky to enter just when one table was leaving.

They had menus but the servers told us it was going to be a long wait because of the large groups who ordered before us. Good thing they also had a section in the restaurant for short orders and we just got our food from there.

Food was okay, enough to satisfy our hunger, but not mind-blowing. Service was okay, considering they were busy.

I won't go back if I had a choice though. It just has a great location. I'd rather try the small cafes on the side streets of Vigan.

• Visited May 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Small venue”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Aside from fastfood or max's restaurant, cafe leona is the one located just beside the souvenir shops in vigan. though they offer a lot of menu from thai, japanese , filipino, pasta and pizza, the ambience is not that okay. yes, old structures are good but they can rehabilitate the place and make it more presentable and not cheap. when we were they, they were even looking for a rat tsk tsk really disappointing. and it took us more than 30 minutes until they served our food. the taste of the food is okay. next time, it is better to eat in a known fastfood than to try a so-so restaurant.

• Visited May 2013