“Ruined our Mother's day dinner”
Review of Cafe Leona

Cafe Leona
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Vigan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We spent mother's day 2013 at Vigan. It is our first time at this historical city, after a whole day of walking and visiting different tourist spots in Vigan we decided to have our dinner at Cafe Leona which is one of the many restaurants located just before entering the famous calle crisologo.

First: The person who took our order seems like it is his first day on the job. My sister asked several questions on what sauce was on a specific pasta he keeps on stepping out asking his colleague and got back to us.

Second: We ordered Pinakbet Pizza 300 pesos, 2 White Pastas 90 pesos each and Pork Maginelato 180 pesos, After many follow ups and almost an hour of waiting, they served the Pizza. After finishing our pizzas we again asked for a follow up for our pasta after 15 min it was served. The waiter did not even apologized for the delay, he just placed our food on the table and quickly went off. He was rude, not smiling and just kept on ignoring the situation.

This is supposed to be a special day for our mom, It is the one of the few occassions she gets be pampered, served and cared. But it turned out to be one of the most stressful situation we encountered.

I would not recommend Cafe Leona if your visiting Vigan, specially if you want to impress and celebrate an occassion with your family. I would rather recommend Cafe Uno / Uno grille their food is great and their service is quite good.

1  Thank Embert24

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We visited Ilocos Sur together with my boyfriend for the first time. It was already our second day in Ilocos Sur and we are preparing to go home that day to Baguio. There are a lot of other restaurants around, however, we decided to eat at Cafe Leona for breakfast since this restaurant is very popular in Vigan and we don't want to miss it. The first time we entered the restaurant, the ambiance is dull and dark, no staff even greeted us or even assisted us on our table. The staff seems busy and they did not even bother taking our orders, we even have to get their attention every time. We were quite disappointed because the service is not good and yet they have an overpriced food. The food is quite good and in big servings, but they should also take in consideration that service also matters aside from the food they serve.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

With its breezy location near the town square, at the edge of the cobbled tourist strip, I was expecting a more unique atmosphere. But somehow it all felt so inexplicably generic, even in the pretty glow of the falling dusk. Sure, the vibe was upbeat and cosmopolitan. Yet it didn't quite add up to a special experience.

This place offers a wide range of dishes, so maybe I just picked the most underwhelming items. Everything was just above-average, from the so-so sangria to the sufficiently tasty appetizers. Meh.

1  Thank paolojcruz
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I may say that their menu is overwhelming, however they have ready made food to choose from (which is better when you are very hungry). Got the creamy chicken with baby corn, paksiw na tilapia, spicy pork/beef and seaweed salad. I should say, their food is so tasty, really good.

Ordered 1 pepperoni pizza. They are all tasty. But I wasn't expecting that their pizza will be that incredible, I love the dough and how they cooked it. Chewy and crispy like New york pizza. The tomato sauce is good and their cheese is perfect, No need to add salt. You have to try it.

I am a foodie and I may say, a very good cook and also loves to bake, It is not easy for me to like other people's food creations unless it is really good,.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Overpriced for an average food. Long wait for food and to be seated. I think more than anything your paying for the ambiance. We tried the house specialty- morcon, pinakbet and bagbet