“Unforgettable Everest base camp trekking”
Review of Mount Everest

Mount Everest
More attraction details
Owner description: The highest peak in the world.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 22, 2011

It was a great & unforgettable trekking with my husband & our nice+friendly guide, Rajendra Khanal.

We planed 13days trekking from Lukla (2832 metres) to the Base Camp. But unfortunately, my husband had a sudden altitude sickness(HAPE) in Dingboche (4336 metres) at midnight. But we felt especially warm from friendly Nepalese people during this hard period. All the local guides & hostel host woke up to help us. Our guide, Raj, gave medicine to my husband by his rich experience & non-stop calling our insurance company & helicopter company for urgent rescue. All the guides provided their cell phones and put in the only one corner where can receive the signal. The hostel host serviced my husband hot garlic soup to relieve the illness... etc.... It was so lucky we were rescued safely by the helicopter to the hospital with the help from Raj & his company, osho vision treks in the morning.

So in here, we would like to thanks again Raj, osho vision treks & all the Nepalese people helped us!!!

Although we've not reached our destination, Everest base camp, this time, we enjoyed the nice scene in the midway & the time with friendly Nepalese people. We will be there next time certainly!

BTW, we have our baby in this special trip. We give a nickname to her as "Boche". Since we trekked through Pangboche (3770 metres), Dingboche (4336 metres), Thyangboche... ^_^

7  Thank Daphneyk
"lead guide"
"once in a lifetime"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I travelled with a group of friends in October 2011 and has the most fantastic time. Our trip took us to Kathmandu, flight to Lukla, then walking to Namche Bazaar, via Tengboche up the valley to Chhukung then across to the Khumbu valley picking up the route to Gorak Shep, Kala Pattar (for a spectacular sunset view of Everest) and Everest Base Camp. We then crossed the Cho La pass to Gokyo for one last unforgettable view of Everest from Gokyo Ri before returning down the valley to Namche Bazaar again.
Our guide was Chhatra Karki (www.nepalecoadventure.com) and I can unreservedly recommend him and his team. He is a lovely bloke with an enthusiasm for his work and pride in his beautiful country which shine through everything he does. He really looked after us and as well as always being calm and cheerful he was efficient and professional. He knew the best places to stay and to eat, he adapted the schedule as necessary to suit our pace and he kept everything running smoothly. It was my first trip to Nepal but the friends I travelled with have been trekking with Chhatra for several years now and I can see why - I want to go back again next year!

3  Thank F M
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We recently trekked in Nepal - Gokyo Lakes/ Chola Pass and Everest Base Camp. Our trek was 18 days. We chose a fledgling Nepalese company called Glance Himalaya. The Manager - Deepak and his brother Chola - living in Sydney Australia, combined to ensure we had a very smooth trek. We would recommend you give Glance a try especially if you are independent travellers and prefer to travel in small groups. Our observations were that a lot of altitude problems occur when trekkers are in larger groups and are trying to "keep up". We travelled always at our own pace and this was important as my partner Karen is asthmatic which doubled the difficulties encountered by limited oxygen at heights.

Our guide Eugene and young porter Sontos were excellent and showed great patience as we soldiered on. The scenery is superb but the achievement we realised was to a large extent because we were looked after at every step of the way. We were a group of 4 including guide and porter and some of the larger groups had a few additional luxuries which we really didn't need. Our accommodation was secured in basic lodges but we ate and slept ok.

We were met in Kathmandu by Deepak and had 2 days there including tour. Our flights and trekking permits were ready as with most companies. We flew to Lukla then walked to Namche for a rest day then on to the Gokyo Lakes. The view from Gokyo Ri is spectacular. It was hard work to cross the Chola Pass but well worth it. We walked on to join the main track to Base Camp and ended at Gorashep. From there a climb of Mt Kalapathar before venturing to Base Camp which was awash with climbers for the season.

We returned by the "main route" passing scores of trekkers in large groups and were pleased to feel more independent of them. We encountered numbers of trekkers who had to return due to altitude sickness and we felt lucky that we could walk at a pace more suitable to our needs. We're sure Eugene thought he had the slowest trekkers in Nepal but we made it without problems to either of us.

It was a great trip but we felt very rewarded from both our experiences and from the warmth way in which we were cared for both in Kathmandu and on the trek itself by Deepak and his team. The scenery is wonderful and the people are generous.

The long way round is much better in our view than the out and back journey so if you are looking for a small - self paced trek in Nepal we would recommend Glance Himalaya to you.

6  Thank Ken C
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Trekking to Everest Base Camp was my lifetime ambitious. I fulfilled it in October 2011. It is my lifetime experience and my life’s most memorable moment. The moment I reached the Everest base camp and the top of Kala Patthar was really awesome. It was like you were on the top of the world….well, not quite, but the sense of achievement you felt was beyond words. All these would not make possible without Adventure Great Himalaya Trek & Expedition (P) Ltd. Thanks to Mr. Babu (Managing Director of Adventure Great Himalaya). www.greathimalaya.com, www.trektohimalaya.com

I travelled alone and joined with a group of 15 trekkers from UK. I felt very comfortable with the group I went with. They were friendly and not to mentioned very funny as well. We turned into friends almost instantly. There were a lot of fun travelling with them and I am glad to have their company on my trip.

Our trek was fantastic. Everything was very well organised. Even when we had bad weather in Lukla and could not fly back to Kathmandu, the tour guide and the Trekking company managed to rearrange everything and we flew back to Kathmandu next morning.

On our trek, breakfast, lunch and dinner were very well served. We chose what we want from the menu. Food was fantastic and cooked in “clean” and “safe” kitchens. Adventure Great Himalaya provides us with great porters and lovely guides. Guides are very knowledgeable and have great experience in the Himalaya region. They were friendly , spoke good English and great singers as well. They always made sure that we got the best rooms in the lodge. Every night after dinner, we were brief by guides on the journey ahead next day. I personally found this very useful and communicative.

In Himalaya region, everywhere you look, there is great view. The astonish view is way beyond words could descript. The sheer size of the mountains and valleys is something I have never experienced. Thanks to Adventure Great Himalaya for making my EBC trek a wonderful and memorable experience. If I decide to go back for another adventure in Nepal, I will definitely go with Adventure Great Himalaya. NAMASTE.

1  Thank Alexler
See more reviews
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I've been to nepal twice before, once backpacking and once on an everest base camp group trek, and this time we wanted a tailor-made easy trek in the everest region. We decided to book with Earthbound Expeditions, based on both having met a representative at a travel show in London and on the reviews on tripadvisor. They were very helpful at planning a tailor-made itinerary for us.

Our trek/trip was fantastic. Everything was organised perfectly, and came with friendly smiles and warm nepali hospitality, and at a good price. Earthbound provided us with a lovely porter, and a great guide. A very friendly chap, spoke good english, couldn't do enough for us. Had no problems when we wanted to change our itinerary a little. Made sure we got the best rooms in the lodges, and that we ate in places with "safe" kitchens.

We spent 11 days trekking in the everest region - flew to Lukla and then took our time over several days walking up to Namche. It was great to spend time enjoying the walk and feeling part of the place - when I previously did the base camp trek you dash through that part of the walk so quickly that you don't have time to see anything. In Namche a fantastic place to stay is Panorama Lodge. We stayed there on our last trip and just had to go back again this time. Were welcomed like old friends. Its up on the hill, so great views over Namche.

Did a days walk from Namche up to Khumjung which was very enjoyable, and my travelling companion went to Tengboche for a night. The everest region really is like nowhere else on earth. The ultimate peace and quiet (just the gentle tinkling of yak bells along the path), astounding views, wonderful people. I may be back in London but my heart remains in the Khumbu.

3  Thank sal99