“Annapurna Sanctuary trek”

Sarangkot Half-Day Hike from Pokhara
$62.00*
Sarangkot Sunrise Tour from Pokhara
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Nepal's famed mountain ranges, the Annapurna consists of several peaks of varying heights. Of these, Annapurna I and Annapurna II are the tallest at almost 8000 meters providing a spectacular panoramic view for anyone visiting the Himalayas.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Annapurna trek is the most popular and famous trek at the final destination the Annapurna sanctuary (Base camp 4100m.)Will be welcoming you are patiently. The Annapurna Sanctuary has been treasured by local inhabitants as a place of spiritual refuge since long before trekkers "discovered" it.
If you desire to witness the enormity of the Himalayan range then Annapurna sanctuary trek is the perfect choice for you. This trek takes you to the centre of the Annapurna range; a natural amphitheatre formed by the magnificent peaks of Annapurna range. The vast amphitheater of the Annapurna Sanctuary is encircled by the famous Himalayan peaks – the 'fishtail' 3th beautiful mountains of the world Machapuchare(6997m), Gangapurna (7454m) Annapurna 1 (8091m), unclimbed Fang (7647m)and Annapurna South (7273m).
The huge and pristine glaciers add another dimension to this fascinating Annapurna trek. The forest of Rhododendron and oaks and lively hamlets inhabited by different cultures along the route of this trek ensures an interesting trek to the Annapurna region.

1  Thank tamanghira
There are newer reviews for Annapurna Mountain Range

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have been recently trekking in Annapurna Himalaya through Alpine Explore Nepal, with a very excellent guide Mr. Bharat Regmi, who have a very skilled knowledge about the flora and fauna. As myself very interested specially in birds and nature, I was very impressed with his knowledge to reply my all the questions that I had.

I enjoyed the trip very much having a him as our guide on a group. We really appreciate his knowledge, friendliness and his kindness on helping every member in the groups. We strongly recommend him and his company as they are very trustful and helpful. We assure that those who travels through this company, they will have a memorable lifetime experience.

5  Thank Sumitra S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I did a ten day Annapurna base camp trek with Cold Feet Adventures. I would highly recommend the company, and particularly our guide Ganesh. He seemed to know everybody en route so enabled us to meet some local toddlers who were adorable! Also all worries of huts being full were taken away. The company are Nepali based, so far cheaper than Western companies, but you get at least as good service. The trek itself is absolutely stunning, particularly Machupuchare, which is in view for most of the trek. I’ve done a lot of hiking and nothing has come close to this. We went at the end of September which worked out perfectly. We had good weather and missed the peak season. The accommodation was better than I expected, we had clean private rooms every night. Gopi, who runs the company, made the effort to come all the way to Pokhara to meet us at the end of trip which was a lovely gesture.

2  Thank David K
Reviewed April 21, 2013

In March we had wonderful days on the Annapurna-Dhaulagiri Himalayan mountain trek, it was an incredible experience and absolutely amazing!

So we would like to thank our fantastic porterguide Krishna Adhikari and recommend him very strongly!

Krishna is a very experienced and knowledgeable guide and porter. He speaks very good English and knows a lot about the Himalayas, terrain, cultures and religions. Routefinding, organising food and lodges could not be better. Krishna is a gentle and very friendly young man who seems to have friends everywhere ;-) He also has a great sense of humour and we know from talking to him that he is just as familiar with the Everest region as the Annapurna.

We feel very lucky that we had Krishna as our porterguide and would love to have him again as our guide (and porter) in the future!

Due to the fact that in Kathmandu are at least 2 guides with the same name 'Krishna Adhikari' - here are his contact details and also some pictures of him:

Krishna Adhikari
Kathmandu - Nepal
Mobilphone +9779849252021
Email adhikari_kp2011@yahoo.com,
facebook:krishna_3839@yahoo.com.im

6  Thank WaveriderBerlin
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Several months have been passed since we finished our trekking in Annapurna region, we are still under the effect of this trip. The people and the landscape is unbelievable and breathtaking. I would defenitly recommend our Nepalese guide and his team to everyone: Birendra Chudal and Adventure Club Treks & Expedition. They were well-qualified with lots of experience and they made a very good atmosphere in our group. I have never felt so difficult to finish a holiday as in Nepal, thanks to our guide, because without him it would not have been the same...so if you need a reliable , well-qualified guide I would highly recommend: