“Perfect?”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lumbini
Lumbini Hotel Kasai
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lumbini
Limbo
“Perfect?”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The hotel is warm, friendly and peaceful. The layout is simple and gives privacy and quiet, wooden floors and well thought out furnishings. The staff are simply the best staff I've ever encountered. They made helpful suggestions that enhanced my visit to Lumbini immensely, without being overly fussy.

The Japanese restaurant must be among the best in Nepal and an unexpected bonus. Many people only stay one night on pilgrimages from India but it is well worth booking in for a quiet weekend. You're a stone's throw from the beautiful Peace Pagoda and bird sanctuary and not far from the Museum and Northern Coach Park.

If you don't have your own transport then the staff will arrange it for you. (They dropped me at the coach park at 5 a.m.). As you are at the far end of the site, if you're a keen walker it's great for an amble down to the Mayadevi Temple via all the Monasteries. However if you're a backpacker then you're about 45 minutes walk from the town and main Coach Park for buses to/from Kathmandu.

However Hotel Kasai is worth an inconvenience. For me it is the perfect compliment to an amazing place. I'm looking forward to visiting again. I can't praise it highly enough for keeping such high standards and for looking after me so well.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Bardo_Boy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
Pokhara
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I Have Stayed Here in Oct.& Nov.2011 Each time Just Stayed For 1 Night Only But I Wished had a longer Time As I Felt this Was One of The Best Hotel To Stay In Lumbini The Western Breakfast Served in The Restaurant Was very Average But Impressed With Japanese Food , I hv Seen Lots Of Fox Around The Hotel & The Beautiful Japanese Temple Were Just Be side The Hotel Was Also a attraction That You Should Visit While Staying . Apart From The Secret Garden In Lumbini You Can Have A 40 Minutes Of Drive & Visit the Ascient Palace Of Shakya's Kudan & Arorakot Also Impressed me & Were Highlight of My Lumbini Visit!!! I look-forward to My Next Stay in Kasai.

• Stayed November 2011
veldegem
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This hotel offers very high quality in accomodation, catering and service !!
A nice place to stay in this peaceful, quiet environment !!
I would recommend this hotel to everybody !!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank santa4
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We really checked out the hotels in Lumbini, and this new, super clean, air conditioned hotel is by far the best. It is, simply put, an oasis in a desert of hotels. It is Japanese owned, and the restaurant even serves Japanese food.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smackauf
Cary, NC
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I had heard nothing but bad things about hotels in Lumbini, so I was pleased to find that a hotel Lonely Planet had listed as mid-range, under construction, was finished and had a good-looking web-site, but with no reviews online, you never know.

From the time a young man in a dark suit, driving a white jeep, met me off the bus from Pokhara, until he shepherded me through Nepali immigration and into the jeep he had arranged to take me to the Indian rail head at Gorakhpur, the service was uniformly excellent. My room was a good size with comfortable furniture, and the bathroom fittings looked showroom new. Plenty of hot water in the morning, although not in the afternoon. Food was good.

Only possible problem is that you need transport to get anywhere except possibly the Peace Pagoda, but you need transport to get round the site anyway. The hotel arranged for a rickshaw to come pick me up - there is a fixed rate. They also arranged for a car and driver to take me to Tilaurokot, but I think you need to be a serious Buddhist enthusiast to appreciate the ruins there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo