“excellent guesthouse!”

Shiva Guest House1 & 2
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bhaktapur
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed in total 5 days at shiva guesthouse 1 in november 2012.
It has an excellent restaurant with great menucard and the food is very good.
Also the service was good. Free WIFI and charging mobile.
Excellent!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luud P
KailashDhaubanjar123, Manager at Shiva Guest House1 & 2, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Luud

thank you for your feedback. We hope to you again in coming years.
Best Regards to you wife .

Reviewed November 6, 2012

... on Durbar Square, Bhaktapur! Shiva Guesthouse 1 has the perfect location, we had a good room, and they have a nice restaurant where I had the best pancake ever for breakfast! :) You can even enjoy breakfast or coffee outside on the terrace.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I know this place has lots of great reviews on TA, but this place left us out in the cold. We had emailed and confirmed a room at this hotel in the morning. By the time we arrived in the afternoon, the hotel had given away our room and told us we would have to pay more money. We were shocked. He was completely unapologetic and unhelpful. He didn't tell us we needed to be at the hotel at a certain time, we arrived at 5pm and he had given away our room at 3pm. He told us we should have come sooner, yet despite our earlier emails, he didn't mention any kind of timeframe.

We're glad we didn't stay here. There are lots of good hotels in Bhaktapur, and staying so close to Durbar square can be noisy and busy. We ended up staying at two different yet very good places, Nepa Guest House off of potters square and Kumari guest house which is right around the corner.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mhamrah
kailashdhaubanjar, Manager at Shiva Guest House1 & 2, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest.

We are very deeply apology for your unsatisfaction. Well we also have some problem of noshow alot in this peek season. I hope you understand us.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Ideal location - and remember, the view you will have was only available to kings before.

The hotel is relatively clean and the service is so-so. I think they are so popular they don't really care about their customers.

Rooms are pretty basic and we got 2 single beds whilst asking for a double room for one couple.

didn't matter much as we only stayed 2 nights and you're not there to sleep but visit this amazing place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
kailashdhaubanjar, Manager at Shiva Guest House1 & 2, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Ben

We are deeply sorry for you inconvenience .
We will strictly take action on the issue.

Thank you for your feedback. And hope to see you again in next visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I've stayed a night in Shiva Guest House 1 on 23rd Oct. This guest house is at close proximity to all the attractions in Bhaktapur! The room I've stayed in is pretty basic but good enough to sleep and rest comfortably. I was truly lucky to be able to experienced the festival on the 24th, it added charm to this mystical city.

If I'm visiting Bhaktapur again i would surely choose to stay in Shiva Guest House 1 as well.

Good job for their helpful and friendly staffs.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
kailashdhaubanjar, Manager at Shiva Guest House1 & 2, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your feedback.

we hope to see you again in Bhaktapur.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Shiva House 1 is wonderful! I traveled to Kathmandu in 1976; computers and cell phones did not exit. After waiting over 30 years to return I researched and thought," OMG! I was never in Kathmandu, it was Bhaktapur!" So, I made arrangements to stay at the Shiva House. I cannot express how grateful I am to have made such a mistake. My husband and myself had the most lovely of experiences in Bhaktapur! Kailash of Shiva House had so much to do with our fantasticly, magically wonderful days there and also our trip to Chitwan National Park. Kailash made all of our arrangements to Chitwan the night we realized we could go! Within 8 hours we were on our way to Chitwan! If I had known that Kailash made arrangements to Tibet, and other places I would have altered my plans before I left the USA. Everything was wonderful. After 5 days in Bhaktapur( daily trips made by Kailash) I thought we MUST go to Kathmandu, honestly, it was my love for Kathmandu that brought me to Bhaktapur. My husband and myself lasted 2 hours in Kathmandu. We grabbed our bags, paid for 1 night and high tailed it right outta there! We flagged down a taxi and could not wait to go home to Shiva House !! The Shiva House located in Durbar Square, Bhaktapur. What I remember with such love from my memories of Kathmandu in 1976 is how Bhaktapur is now. I bought a bell before I left, I ring my bell daily, I ring it (outside) when I am stressed, or so happy. Ringing the bell reminds me of Kathmandu 30 years ago and now, of Shiva House, Bhaktapur. Ringing my bell sends me every day of my life, and if you should be blessed to make it there you will know what I say. Thank you Kailash and everyone there that made our trip more than I could ever imagine! Oh, by the way it was my husband and myself's 30th wedding anniversary present! The BEST!!

Room Tip: Well, you know I love bells, so make your room off the square, and awaken to praying, and the ringin...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ksrooney

thank you Kate.

Thank you for you ver very warm feeback and we are always there at your service and there is more place to discover in Nepal.

thank you!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed in three different rooms during our trip; 302 was our favorite, but all of them were great. Bhaktapur is a magical place, and Bhaktapur Durbar Square will be one of those locations I will always treasure. Kailash and his staff at the Shiva House made it our home. The location is primo and it is right in the heart of Durbar Square, right outside a temple, a temple that has bells ringing and dogs barking, people perpetually praying, beggars begging, and children asking for photos; and its all the reasons why I love it, it's so alive and I miss it still. The food at Shiva is excellent, breakfast, lunch or dinner, and their prices are competitive with any place in the area; and we tried many. Their Ginger honey lemon tea was by far the best, with lots of delicious pieces of ginger to savor. Kailash is amazingly attentive to your needs; all you have to do is mention what you're interested in doing or seeing and he's got you covered, he makes it happen effortlessly; you sense the pleasure in the service he delivers, a rare experience for those that travel extensively in the States.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R

Dear Micheal

thank you for your feedback and nice comment on my always work....made me laugh .......
i hope you see you agian with new distination.

thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bhaktapur
Bhaktapur Paradise Hotel
Peacock Guest House
Peacock Guest House
#1 of 60 in Bhaktapur
Hilltake Wellness Resort and Spa

Been to Shiva Guest House1 & 2? Share your experiences!