All reviewsexcellent locationtop floorsquarenepalgatetouristshistory
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed in Shiva 1, location was incredible, right on the square and fairly clean. Staff were a little disinterested and didn't really feel that welcome.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 3, 2012

It is a very basic place so do not expect first class accommodation but it has the advantage that it is in Bhaktapur itself so if you are there for seeing the festival you can walk to all locations. The rooms are clean, the bathroom truly basic but the food is good and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2012

If you're the sort of person who likes taking photos of "the view from my hotel room.." you could hardly do better than the Shiva..1, that is. It was cold in town when I was there, and the elecricity was extremely unreliable.mit made me thankful for the gas hot water. The rooms overlooking the square are more expensive, of course, but worth it. The food in the restaurant was quite good and the staff were very helpful. Enjoyed my time there very much, despite the bandha..keep your ears to the ground in case a bandha gets in the road of your plans.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 9, 2012

First day, I stayed single room not square side. Next day I asked changing room to square side, so I was given 3 bed room square side without additional charge. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I booked this with a friend, as we wanted to visit Bhaktapur late at night/early in the morning and not have the hassle of travelling from central Kathmandu.
It's in a great location, you walk straight out of the guest house onto the square and we had views from our room. It was great to just crawl out of bed early and watch the life in the square, without the usual mass of tourists,
The staff were also really helpful and friendly, booking with them was quick and simple and breakfast was good.
I just wish we'd stayed longer!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends