All reviews excellent location top floor square nepal gate tourists history
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed at Shiva Guest House II just outside the city gate beside the erotic elephant temple. It's a quiet hotel with small neat rooms, WiFi, and helpful friendly staff. A tasty breakfast and the best dal bhat can be had just across the square in sister hotel Shiva Guest House I. Discounts offered for Internet bookings of 3 nights or more

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I had a nice stay at Shiva Guest house. The rooms are very nice, clean and confortable, with a nice view over the Durbar Square. The people are very friendly and they couldn't have been more helpful. The cooks are fantastic. The food is clean and the taste is very good. I really enjoyed my stay in Nepal! Thank you :)

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Shiva Guest house is in the middle of the most amazing square in the world. Its clean, the restaurant is great. We were there for new years eve and the only sound to be heard (referring to the comments about it being noisy) were the bells in the early morning (which makes it more magical and mystical) and the local's prayers (even more mystical). We would recommend this place 100% and we would go back 1000 times if we could!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2011

This place is fine for what it is. But it's really not as clean as the other places I stayed in Nepal and I could hear every whisper the couple next door said. The noise outside was easy to hear all night long through my ear plugs.
If I when back to Bhaktapur I'd stay some place else that might offer a little more quiet at night.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MVH3YMO
Reviewed February 4, 2011

It was a good time staying at Shiva Guest house. The location is so good as it is just beside Durbar Square.. Sightseeing, shopping becomes very easy.

Room is very nice... the bed is comfortable. Some rooms are having a good view of Durbar Sq. But, not for me. Maybe I should have asked for that earlier.

I like its restaurant so much. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The food is also very good, especially its pedder steak.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple