“Impressive Stay”

Peacock Guest House
Ranked #1 of 62 Bhaktapur B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We love Bharktapur, and staying at Peacock is one of reasons.. The hotel is one of a kind.

When we actually walked through entrance to historical city of Bharktapur, we immediately fell in love with this 'world heritage' city.. Even though, we walked long way finding the guesthouse with heavy luggages it was worth it! We got a room with 3 beds - it was large enough for 3 people to stay. Well.. the ceiling is a bit low but we didn't even notice, as its charm is more attractive and important to us. Also staff is very friendly and helpful..

We highly recommend for anyone looking for place to appreciate art and historical.. We definitely choose to stay there if we have chance to visit again.. :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laila K

Reviewed March 25, 2013

the old building is lovely...the staffs looking friendly and helpful. the room is not lovely...its low ceiling is not what i've expected when booked the room thru a website, a decoration includes a dusty Buddha on the wall next to the bed, the room is right above a wood workshop which is claimed to be their business (and the guesthouse is...maybe not their business??) anyways you can hear people working hammering and loud music, and lastly the room is right on the street means you can hear the motor bike pass by...all the time. we decided to leave and find another place to stay. not recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Arunodaya P, Owner at Peacock Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time to give us some feedback about your experience at Peacock Guest House.

I am sorry that you and your partner had a bad experience with peacock Guest House within your short time of 15 mins with us. Both the Guest House and the Traditional Wood Carving workshop/showroom is a family business and it is clearly mentioned in the description of the Guest House that there are wood carvers working from 9.30-4.30pm everyday.

The Guest House is 15th Century traditional Newari Building where the original structure is still maintained hence the ceilings are bit low as all traditionally built houses are in Nepal.

Once again, thank you for the feedback, we will definitely work on the shortfalls.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel was my favourite stay on our Kathmandu Valley tour.
We had the deluxe room which was huge, was clean and had a great view onto the square.
The breakfast was very nice and the hospitality fantastic! Also the wildlife seems to like this place - an owl had parked itself in the courtyard and watched us having breakfast :)
Thanks for a great stay and greetings from Ken and Miriam

Room Tip: the deluxe room is king!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Many of my travelling companions wondered why I loved Bhaktapur so much. I would have to say it is because I found the Peacock Guest House. I meant to stay only for the day , but when my friend checked into the Peacock it was love at first sight. I asked if they had a room and was off to buy a toothbrush. Even though I had a room in Kathmandu, I couldn't resist staying a night in this beautiful historic house. They helped make my Bhaktapur experience a beautiful and relaxed one. Arunodaya and his wife Indra will make sure you have everything you need. I only wish I would of had more time to stay there. The food was fantastic and the rooms were very clean and cozy. Truly, you will arrive guests and leave friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelly19125
Reviewed February 4, 2013

my boyfriend and i have stayed one week in The Peacock Guest House. We really like the place. the room is very clean and there is real hot shower which is quiet rare in Bhaktapur.The food is just like what your mother cooks. The owners are friendly and always ready to help. i can see they have tried their best to make you feel comfortable and welcomed. Besides this the hotel deserve your attention which is a mastpiece itself. the owner told me the house has been kept the same way it was hundred years ago. they have all the exquisite and amazing wood carving pieces all over the place and you can see people making the wood carving inside the house. The Peacock Guest House is definitely where i would like to stay next time i go there.

Room Tip: there is a room at the top floor on the north side from where you can oversee the square.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I only stayed one night in this beautiful Newari guesthouse, but wish my schedule had allowed longer. The hospitality was fantastic and the showers were soooooo hot, perfect after the dusty car ride from Kathmandu!
Extra blankets and towels were happily provided and the room was clean and welcoming.
The wood carving shop here is fantastic and we bought several pieces.
Definitely recommend if you want to get into the heart of the Newari architecture and Bhaktapur.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I loved staying at The Peacock Guesthouse, so much so that I went back again at the end of my trip! The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious and the showers hot. What I absolutely adored was the wood carving workshop - as you enter the guesthouse, you can see the wood carvers working away, creating the most beautiful ornaments you'll ever see! The beautiful wood carvings can be seen all over the guesthouse, from the tables all the way through to the walls. Their new in-house restaurant also deserves a special mention; it's only been open for a couple of months but is already wildly popular. This is no surprise considering they serve up only the most delicious and fresh food. And most importantly, the owners Arun and Indra were genuinely friendly, always going out of their way to help me out in any way possible - they really made me feel at home and never just a stranger staying in their guesthouse. I left knowing that I had made two great new friends.

Room Tip: The rooms close to the balcony are wonderful!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo