“Best place in Nepal to stay”
Review of Cosy Hotel

Cosy Hotel
Ranked #7 of 54 Bhaktapur B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Best place in Nepal to stay”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hotel located in the City center. 1. Mr.Basant from the reception received well and suggested places to visit. Also, helped in shopping ( bargain in Nepali language). 2. Breakfast was too good. 3. They also provide hot water packets for cold. 4. historic places are near by walking distance. 5. hotel staff is very friendly. 6. They also gave small token gift at the end of the day. 7. Sunny restaurant is good and you can see all the mountains. Also, I recommend everyone to stay in bhaktapur and take a bus ( 25 nepali rupees one way) to kathmandu and Nagarkot for sunset or sunrise view which is 22 km Place is very good. I'll be staying here next time :).

Electricity - Government load shed the electricity daily. However, hotel has battery backup and your room and bathroom will have light and hot water .

Room Tip: family suites are nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in cosy hotel and it was great!

The location is very good, right between durban square ant pottery square. The hotel is a tradiotional home, a great atmosphere to stay. Our room looked out on a courtyard where locals were making pots.

We paid $25 a night including breakfast ( best we had in nepal), bottle of water every day, toothbrushes and toothpaste. Which is an incredibly low price for what you get in return. The staff is so warm, friendly and helpfull!

The rooms are very clean and the beds are good! We stayed with 2 persons in a 3 personsroom. For us there was enough space but with 3 persons the room is probably too small (small bathroom too but clean and warm water so not a problem). Staff informs you about powerloss at set times.

Neither the less we loved cosy hotel! Great experience and a fantastic stay! Two thumbs up!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stevenholland1983
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have tried many different hotels here in Nepal and this one is a standout winner. The room we chose was a deluxe and while we were offered a superior room, we found the deluxe equally satisfying. It is the warmest hotel and they also supply a decent electric heater which we didn't need! The beds are sufficiently comfortable and the blankets and pillows are top quality! The hot water always worked well also! The big winner was the double glazed windows! Perfect for shutting out the noisy street below! Also the outer windows are traditional Newari wooden frames! Just gorgeous! Our only disappointment would have to have been the food. We tried quite a few different menu items like momos, biryani and Newari set meals and they were really quite boring and didn't hit the mark. Service can be quite slow also. The staff however are extremely friendly and courteous! We will definitely return to this little gem in the heart of Bhaktapur!

• Stayed November 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This upmarket hotel in the very center of Bhaktapur sports rather small but comfortable and clean rooms with odd naming system. From outside the hotel retains traditional look and feel, unfortunately it's not much so traditional from inside. Anyway there still everything you need for few days stay. The terrace restaurant is also quite good. The francophile manager is trying hard to make everyone happy and the other staffs too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Honolulu
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have been a world traveler all through my life. I have stayed in many world class hotels large and small. I discovered a hidden gem in the ancient world heritage town of Bhaktapur. It was my second visit to Nepal in six months and the second time I stayed at this hotel. The first time I I spent 4 nights here in June . I I enjoyed my stay here so much I made a second trip back to Nepal in November and stayed here for 17 nights.
I am amazed at how professionally this little hotel operates. 15 well appointed guest rooms run by a dozen of staff members. The hotel is delightfully small, private and cosy as the name suggests. It has everything I needed from the moment I stepped out of the airport.I was welcome by two hotel representatives,a car and a driver who took care of everything for me. Then I found out the secret to their success: the friendly owner Anil Mulepati,a native of Bhaktapur,and his French wife Emma, had spent several years working in a 5-star hotel in France before returning to Nepal and to open their own little cosy hotel. I started my day every morning with a scrumptious full breakfast watching sunrise on the roof terrace, pampered by the attentive staffs. The hotel also manages all my transportation and sightseeing needs. How do I summarize this hidden little gem of Bhaktapur?
THE HOTEL THAT ALWAYS SAYS YES
THE BEST KEPT SECRET OF BHAKTAPU, KHATMANDU
A FIVE STAR VALUE HOTEL WITH A TWO STAR PRICE
All in all, nothing but good things to say about this wonderful place.
I shall return again and again to this home away from home of mine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Where to start? After spending our 1st night in Bhaktapur in another hotel on rock hard mattresses with toilet smells filling the room listening to bells ringing & dogs barking all night...we moved 100 metres up the road to COSY HOTEL! What a delight it is to be here. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us & put an extra mattress on the floor for me as there was only one room left with one bed. The decor of the room is gorgeous with lovely wooden lattice shutters behind the DOUBLE GLAZED WINDOWS!! They provide complimentary toothbrushes & toothpaste & a welcome drink. FREE LAUNDRY SERVICE!! Oh my gosh!! The sunny rooftop restaurant has great views & ALL THE STAFF are FRIENDLY & HELPFULL. There is a cosy lounge room to chill out in. You couldn't ask for more..but if you did they would most certainly do their best to provide! I highly recommend Cosy Hotel..enjoy your stay!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank LisaWilson1111
Soest, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed here during Dashain for some days in October. The manager and staff were all very friendly and helpful. Location is good, 2 walking minutes near the centre with all the temples.
I kited on the roof with the kitchen staff. I will cherish the good memories.

Room Tip: The rooms at the street side are dark and very noisy with honking motors almost 24/7. Stay at a roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo