“Friendly staff, good location”
Review of Cosy Hotel

Cosy Hotel
Ranked #10 of 61 Bhaktapur B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at Cosy Hotel for two nights after 13 days trekking to Everest Base Camp. The hotel is located near Pottery Square and also within 2-3 minutes walking distance to the other two main squares. It's not as noisy as other hotels near Durbar Square. The rooftop Sunny Restaurant is nice and breakfast is excellent and amply. The staff went out of their way to make your stay a comfortable one and always asked you if there's anything they can help with. The room is ok though the bathroom is a bit small. I had some problems with the power supply in my room, but it seemed to be related to the frequent power shortage of the entire city. But I have to say the price is not cheap by Nepali standard.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank lvwei1123
AnilMulepati, Owner at Cosy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your review! It was our great pleasure to serve you the best we could. We are very sorry about the situation in Nepal (power cuts, scarcity of water, shortage of gas and petrol...). It seems you had a great holiday though and we will be very happy to welcome you again if you come back to Nepal.
Sincerely Yours,
Cosy Family

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I don't normally Comment regularly on trip advisor but I am doing it before leaving the hotel to ensure I do it. In short wonderful excellent attentive staff and service, try their best to help, Delicious and very reasonably prices restaurant, right on the centre.

One tip is book ahead as this place is very popular and gets booked up fast. Fortunately we were able to stay here but unfortunately not as long as we wanted to but the staff even found us an alternative place to stay and made us a reservation.
Believe the hype, 5* treatment for very reasonable price, best hotel we stayed in Nepal by far.

Thank you for all your hospitality and enjoyable stay!!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Svenekblom
AnilMulepati, Owner at Cosy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Namaste,

Thank you so much for your evaluation. I am happy that you were fully satisfied by your stay with us. I hope that if you come back to Nepal, you stay longer. All the best to you and thank you.

Warm Regards to you
Cosy Family

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had a nice stay at the hotel but was not blown away like some people on tripadvisor. The staff are nice, the location is excellent but I thought the room was very very ordinary for the price we paid. The bathroom is the smallest I've ever seen (and I've stayed in a lot of budget hotels in my life). I saw the rooms at the Badghaon guesthouse and they were better for the price. Overall not bad though

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your message.
We are very sorry that we did not meet all your expectations about the room decoration and the size of the bathroom in the room you rented.
We are planning on making the decoration a bit less neutral and more newari. If you get the opportunity to visit us again, we will be happy to show some of our other rooms that have a larger bathroom.
Thank you for appreciating our service. Welcoming our guests and making their stay the best possible is our priority and our pleasure.
We wish you a very happy nepali new year 2070!
Sincerely Yours,
Cosy family

Reviewed September 21, 2012

It's not enough for only using word "nice" to describe the hotel, which made my plan for staying only one night in Bhaktapur eventually changing to stay three nights. Actually, at the very beginning, my companion and I decided to stay just because of the genial smile from staffs and owner. And later this decision became the best one I've made. They helped us moving to a better room with no extra money just because of a tiny issue. They sent us a large bucket of hot water to shower just because of hot-water lacking on account of bad weather. Such things like these, their passions, thoughtfulness & empressement make the hotel not just a place for sleeping but more like home.

Room Tip: Go straight to Anil, you could get a better price & sevice. (Haaaa)
3  Thank Jing_Jing277

Namaste Jing Jing,

Thank you so much for your very nice words. It was a real pleasure to have you among us. I hope that you will give me news from time to time and that you will keep great memories of the moments you spent in Nepal with us. I am happy that you appreciated your stay.

Anil Mulepati

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Cosy Hotel for 2 nights & it was by far the best accommodation I had in Nepal & a most relaxing stay. Even though I spent half my day at the hospital due to an allergic reaction picked up in the Himalayas Bhaktapur is so easy to get around & the hotel is in the perfect location.

The stafff were amazing in helping me find medical care & the bed & bedding so comfy it was perfect to relax in the evenings. The shower was steaming hot (leave it 5 mins to heat up); the room spotless; free bottle of water & a chocie & even a relaxing coffee on arrival. It was lovely to wake up in the morning, open the hand carved shutters letting the sun & music played for the temple roll in & eat my fantastic breakfast in bed.

I had dinner both nights in the restaurant, relaxing on my own on the beautiful roof top terrace, a sandwich from room service & included breakfast both days. The food was very reasonable & tasty. You even get a discount if you are staying at the hotel & no extra charge for room service. The menu is fusion of local, Chinese, Mexican & Italian.

**** highly recemmended*****

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank CocktailsAtSunset
AnilMulepati, Manager at Cosy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Namaste,

Thank you so much for your contribution including so many compliments. It was a real pleasure to have you at cosy. It is a dream to welcome very nice people like you among us.

All the best regards

Reviewed August 29, 2012

we were a noisy group of 7 italian people, but we had a real great time at Cosy Hotel. The staff is young, freindly, available and super careful! They were always overcoming any expectation of good service, for example they made eternal calculation to help us dividing the bills, or they helped my friend repairing her shoes,...
the hotel is clean, the rooms are big, it's easy to keep them dark in the morning while sleeping, there is free wi-fi.
Breakfast is reach and tasty.

3  Thank Carlita85

Namaste

Thank you for your kind review of Cosy Hotel Bhaktapur and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
All the best regards from Cosy family. Hope to see you next time among us.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Avoid noisy, polluted, chaotic Kathmandu and head for Bhaktapur. We spent two nights in this charming, characterful hotel and can't rate it highly enough. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean and comfortable - great beds with lovely white linen and decent towels. Thoughtful and unexpected extra touches included free bottled water and treats, toothbrush & toothpaste and a pair of flipflops for guest use. The friendly, smiling staff went the extra mile to make sure our stay was pleasant and enjoyable. The lovely rooftop restaurant is the perfect place to start or end your day and food is pretty decent. At the price, we were more than impressed by our experience. A single word of warning...Bhaktapur wakes early and can get noisy pretty early in the day so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper!

3  Thank mandzn266