“Merci pour TOUT ! Merveilleux endroit à découvrir absolument !”
Review of Krishna's House

Krishna's House
Ranked #2 of 60 Bhaktapur B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The best welcoming during my trip in Nepal !!
To discover absolutly. Definitly the place to go if you go to Baktapur. Peacefull and 10 min from the center of baktapur.
Ajaya give us precious informations for our travel. He is the best host I meet in Nepal. And the price is quite raisonnable for the quality and the service.
And amazing cook ! Thanks to Ajaya and his family
Merci merci merci merci merci merci merci merci merci merci !!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 26, 2012

In short, this is what a bed and breakfast should be all about - a warm and informative welcome, comfortable, clean rooms, and a great, hearty breakfast. Ajaya is really knowledgeable about Bhaktapur and other tourist routes of Nepal. He advised us on the main sights of Bhaktapur and took us on a morning walk up the hill, and he also helped us with recommending other hotels in other parts of Nepal (e.g. Nagarkot, Bandipur, Pokhara) and bus tickets. Ajaya also made sure we were as comfortable as possible, providing us with lamps for power outages, letting us wash our clothes and use the family's clothes lines, and always making sure that we could access the wifi. It is located outside of Bhaktapur's Durbar Square which made it a really quiet area, making for a good night's sleep. I'd highly recommend staying at Krishna's House for a nice, homely stay, and/or if you want some help planning the rest of your travels in Nepal.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daz H
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Ajaya was a very hospitable and helpful host. His home is situated in an ideal spot for visiting the wonderful city of Bhaktapur. Our room was very comfortable and the breakfasts were very good.
Ajaya is full of information and will give you all the help and advice you need to enjoy your stay in this wonderful location away from the crowds and bustle of khatmandu.
Bhaktapur is a great place to visit and to explore the valley.
Altogether a great place to stay and a lovely family.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2012

For the month I was in Nepal, Krishna House provided the most enjoyable atmosphere of anywhere I stayed. Ajaya and his family are the kindest of hosts and continually went out of their way to provide a beautiful experience for myself and everyone in our group of six. I will definitely visit them again on my next trip to Bhaktapur!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My wife and I were the only guests at Krishna House in late November and early December. I thought at first that the family-run inn might be a bit far from the city center. It wasn't really. In fact, its location turned out to be one of its assets because we were outside the noisy hub where so many of the busy guest houses were located. We had an upstairs double room which was certainly large enough and quite comfortable. Good hot water, too. Nice big breakfast. But the heart of this home stay is Ajaya, the owner operator, and his very welcoming and very sweet family. They are refined and well educated people who know the area well and are most willing to help the visitor make the most of his/her stay. Ajaya is also an expert on trekking and has lots of good advice for anyone wishing to venture out in the field. He can arrange treks through his company, Marco Polo Trekking. My wife and I are ready to return to Bhaktapur next year and when we do, we'll be returning to Krishna House for sure.

Room Tip: There are some new rooms on the ground floor that have just been redecorated and enlarged. These mi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bangkokcassidy
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Krishna house was my first stop in Nepal. Ajaya and family welcomed my family with such warmth and helpfulness. Bhaktapur is a charming city.It is like stepping back in time, having a glimpse at old Nepal. The accommodation is simple, but fulfills all essentials. Ajaya's knowledge and enthusiasm in sharing Nepali culture and history is a great asset. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Krishna House is a charming family home located a few minutes by walk from the western ticket booth of the old city. The distance is more an asset than a liability. Bhaktapur, though ancient and well-preserved, is a decidedly touristy destination and the noise of shops and hawkers in the city center can be a bit much throughout the day. I stayed in a clean single room for three nights, with an attached private bathroom with plenty of hot water. Breakfast consisted of the usual fares of toasts, fruit, jam and butter, and eggs cooked your way of choosing, along with good coffee and juice. The proprietor was exceptionally helpful and spoke excellent English, arranging car service to Kathmandu and the airport and giving tips on what streets and shops to visit in Bhaktapur. He also helped me make contact with a local NGO that did work in an area of my interest. I highly recommend the place and plan to stay there again when I visit Nepal next spring.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo