“A very welcoming start to the nepal trip”
Review of Krishna's House

Krishna's House
Ranked #1 of 54 Bhaktapur B&B and Inns
London
“A very welcoming start to the nepal trip”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the start of our 3 week trip to Nepal. It proved to be a great choice. The location is great - just outside the old city (5 min walk) but away from the madding crowd. Ajaya and his family were so friendly and welcoming - Ajaya gave excellent advice on what to see, where to go and even after we'd moved on he helped us out with flight tickets and other matters. This was our first time in nepal and it really felt like we had a friend lookingout for us. As mentioned by the other reviewers breakfast great, rooms fine, beds a little hard. All in all a great place. Having spent the last 3 days of our trip in kathmandu im really glad we decided to start the trip in Bhaktapur - far less polluted and such a beautiful city.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paris, France
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We spent 3 nights here, and the whole family made us feel quite at home, helpful when my husband was sick, gave us plenty of advices for places to visit, things to do, invited us to a pooja....
The rooms are a bit dull and the beds definitively quite hard, but Ajaya is a very resourceful and smart man and will know how to brighten it very quickly wit all the wonderful local fabrics..
The location is perfect, just outside the buzz of the inwalled town (7 mn walkind distance), quiet....Go there!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Krishna's House is a wonderful home stay 5 min walk from the historic centre of Bhaktapur. Spacious, clean rooms with ensuite and shower and great hosts - Ajaya and his family. Garden is great, wish we could spend an extra day there. Ajaya knows a lot about history and can give you some great tips how to spend your day. I would recommend Krishna house to anyone staying an Bhaktapur without hesistation. I would also recommend to consider Bhaktapur as your launching pad for Nepal trekking/hiking, rather then crazy and polluted Kathmandu.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kartch
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I recently stayed for 4 days at KRISHNAS HOUSE and shared the hospitality and friendliness of Ajaya, Sunita and family.This lovely homestay in the ancient city of Bhaktapur was a wonderful experience.My room was private, spacious, with ensuite bathroom, all immaculate and comfortable.
I would definitely recommend the fantastic variety of the best Nepalese food that Sunita prepared, so deicious and the breakfasts were huge.
Ajaya is a wonderful host who could not do enough for me. He is an absolute wealth of knowledge and information, whether it be site seeing, trekking,or visiting the World UNESCO heritage sites.
Why stay in Kathmandu!!!! KRISHNAS HOUSE encompasses the very best of Nepal.

Hazel from Australia

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Krishna's is a guest house, not a homestay. I mean that in a good way: you have your own room with its own bathroom, and although you are treated as house guests by Ajaya, Sunita and their family, you don't feel like you're occupying their spare room.

Our room was clean, decent and basic - don't expect any frills. If you wish, Sunita may be able to cook dinner for you and I would recommend it utterly as our best dal bhat in all of eight weeks (and perhaps 30 dal bhats!) in Nepal. Breakfast is really good too, better again than everywhere else we stayed in Kathmandu except perhaps one rather grander hotel.

The excellent rating, however, is for the immense warmth and hospitality of Ajaya's hosting. He is a true and caring gentleman who will ensure your stay in Bhaktapur (and Nepal!) is as good as possible, with plenty of advice, information and assistance. He took us out for a walk of about 2 hours, taking in the quiet rural back-streets of the city and some of the wooded hills nearby.

I doubt there is a better place to stay in Bhaktapur.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I spent my 30-year-old birthday in this lovely house and it is proved to be a wonderful choice. Just like the host said"it is not a hotel but a home". I felt great hospitality during my birthday. The host told us some info about the city and the traditions of the festival which is very interesting. We also talked about some topics such as environment protection and the differences about the social traditons in Nepal and China. It is a very unique experence during my trip of Nepal, not only to see the beautiful views of the mountains and the city but also try to know the normal life of the people.
The room is clean and the shower is great, the yard with grass and trees and flowers is lovely. I have to emphasize that the breakfast is so so so great. I love the way of the egg cooked and the special pancake!
I'm so sure that I will choose here again if I come back next time and I will recommend it to all my friends who come to Nepal.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed with Ajaja and Sunita for 5 nights at their lovley homestay. It is a tranquil and relaxing place to stay next to the ancient city of Bhaktapur. Sunita's breakfast's are great- just too much food!! Ajaja is a wealth of help and information, we would highly recommend it.

Bhaktapur!! why would anyone want to stay in Kathmandu city? Chilled! great places to eat, get around on foot, and friendly people. It is 20 minutes from the airport, and major transport hubs.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple