All reviews big temple small pool indian cuisine recommend hotel laundry service comfortable room basic needs nice hotel air conditioning close to railway station needs improvement room service place to stay comfortable stay buffet breakfast check in was smooth restaurant staff
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were initially given two fairly adjacent rooms. Unfortunately we didn't know that this was on a smoking floor. We had to get it changed to another room on a different floor as it room was smelling bad. Rooms were OK. Food was just average. Not a great value for the amount of money charged.

Room tip: If traveling with kids choose a non smoking floor.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Sangam_Tanjore, General Manager at Hotel Sangam, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear Rathna,

Greetings from Sangam,Tanjore. I am concered about your Experience in our hotel during your recent Visit. I am writing to Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my notice.

The principal Goal of our Hotel is to provide Dependable Service at a Reasonable Price. Consequently it is disappointing to learn that you are unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken. That is why we have embarked on total renovation.

Therefore, I would like you to give another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

V.C.Venkatesh.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is an adequate hotel at a nice hotel price. I would have been fine staying here if it were half the price, but for what we paid (US$80) it was unacceptable. We paid the exact same amount in Coimbatore (a larger city) for a WAAAAYYY nicer hotel that also included dinner in the cost. In comparison, this was a dump. We saw a cockroach within 5 minutes of being in our room. The tub and other areas in the bathroom were moldy and gross so we requested a different room since it seemed they were doing construction. We were hoping maybe one of the other rooms had been remodeled. The other room they gave us was only slightly better and still had a gross bathroom. The breakfast was pathetic. After peeling an overcooked boiled egg I decided not to eat it because it had brown spots. We didn't try the pool, but it looked nice. The entrance looked nice too, which made me all the more disappointed in the accommodations.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear ms.Michelle,

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

V.C.Venkatesh.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Just completed two nights at Hotel Sangam. Room was spacious if not the most stylish thing out there, bed and bedding very comfortable. WiFi in room is very fast with a stable connection (though you have to pay for it). Food at all meals was excellent (at least the Indian and Chinese options; didn't try any of the Continental cuisine). Grounds very pleasant.

Regarding the construction going on: They were working on the room right next to mine and while I was certainly aware of the work going on due to banging, at least for me it didn't disturb my stay in any way. It started well after I was up in the morning and ended well before going to sleep. Was never so loud that you had to, say, turn up the TV to hear it or talk more loudly on the phone.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We received a lovely welcome on arrival with cool drinks. We were advised that renovation work was being carried out but it didn't really disturb us. Most pleasing was that the extra bed for our son was already set up in the room without us needing to request it and indeed it was a proper bed rather than a thin mattress on the floor, which we have found to be quite unusual in India. We dined in the restaurant twice. The food was very good but the large, high-ceilinged room lacked ambiance - music might have been nice.

Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Out of no where we've entered the hotel.
It is very simple entrance and room, however everything you need is there.
The room is very spacious and clean, everything you need is in the hotel and in your room.
The staff are very nice, helpfull and knowledgable.
The food is just great and the menue is very diversified.
Our experience in this hotel is very good and we really enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: April 2012