“Great stay”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the Christmas holiday while visiting family. Although it was bitterly cold outdoor, it was always warm and cosy in this hotel. The lobby was clean and decorated for the holiday. The desk was manned by a friendly person every time I entered the lobby area. Breakfast was included with the stay. I expected coffee, juice and Danish but was very surprise to see hot and cold cereals, bagels, muffins along with a assortment of breads and juices. Our room was clean, heating system worked fine, bathroom spotless and working fine on arrival. Maid service was prompt each day, in fact a little too prompt on Christmas day but we understood she wanted to finish early to spend time with her family. The gym is small but adequate for a few days. This is a small college town with very little entertainment but the accommodations exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Suites are spacious and good value for the price
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello and thank you for the review! My team was very happy to receive the praise and to hear about your experience staying with us. I can attest that each and every individual on staff here at the Fairfield strives to make each guest’s stay as enjoyable as possible. With that, I would like to personally say THANK YOU for taking the time to write this review. I hope that you will be returning to stay at our property next Christmas, if not sooner! Now, I can’t guarantee that the weather will be any better, but know that we will have completed another renovation by then (which includes a ‘face lift’ to our already outstanding guest rooms and several new additions to our breakfast including more ‘hot’ items).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, excellent large tv, frig in room, comfy bed. Located next to CMU, definately would stay here again. Good choices on the free breakfast, comfortable air units in rooms, free wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of a few of our many amenities. Our staff takes pride in providing the absolute best service possible. We look forward to your next visit and thank you once again for the feedback!
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Fairfield Inn in Mt. Pleasant at the beginning of a trip to the UP in Michigan. The staff was great, friend, helpful, the hotel was clean, and a bargain!! Highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! Our housekeeping department truly prides themselves on keeping the highest quality of standards when it comes to our guest rooms. One of our promises to our guests is to give them a room that is clean, fresh, and reflects the highest quality standards! I am so pleased we were able to keep that promise for you! Once again thank you for your feedback and if in the area again, I hope you will choose the Mt Pleasant Fairfield Inn & Suites.
Clarkston, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were greeted with a friendly welcome and the staff seemed eager to please. The hotel lobby was nicely decorated. Although the room was small, it was luxurious, clean, comfortable and had a big flat screen TV, The breakfast was a good assortment and had hot waffles. The area was kept supplied and clean by a conscientious attendant. This area provided free WiFi and several guests took advantage of it including me. We did not use the pool. The rates are a bit higher than other hotels but it is closer to the University and in this case it was worth the difference. Only bad thing is we arrived after dark and it was hard to find the entrance.

To the guy who had the bad room--call the front desk and ask to be moved. Give them a chance since they may not know that the room has problems. I have done this at other hotels and had no problem with the next room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We truly pride ourselves on welcoming each guest as if they have been staying with us for years and strive to make our hotel your home away from home with a friendly smile and problem free stay. I am glad you enjoyed your room accommodations and our amenities. Hopefully the next time you stay with us we, will have completed the renovations to our breakfast bar and will be able to provide you with a hot breakfast! This will be new in 2013. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Clarkston, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We chose this hotel so we could take our small dog with us while our son attended football camp. The site says pets accepted. We made the reservation a couple weeks in advance. Upon calling the hotel the day prior we were told yes they accept dogs however they can't be left unattended. So we can't go out to dinner without taking her (know of any restaurants that welcome small dogs?), can't take our son to check in without taking her (I'm pretty sure there's also animal cruelty implications for leaving a dog in a car on a 90 degree day) or anything else. I've been so disappointed with fairfield I'm writing them off my list, and I've been a true Marriott fan for 10+ years....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BusinessTravel48348
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience our pet policy may have caused you while staying with us. Our policy is put in place for the safety of our staff members and the consideration of the remaining guests in the hotel. We welcome all pets to the hotel and even offer a special treat to your travel companion upon check in. I’m sorry you did not feel that we were a pet friendly hotel, and we will take your comments into consideration when we look at revising our pet policy. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and I hope you would consider staying with us again.
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

The room we had was big enough for my 2 kids and some the staff was very friendly and nice even when my kids clogged the toilet breakfast satisfied even my picky eater will return anytime I'm in the area

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Mt Pleasant Fairfield Inn & Suites! We are so glad that our accommodations met the needs of you and your family. We truly pride ourselves on offering top of the line service with a smile on our face! It is great to hear positive feedback and we look forward to your return to Mt Pleasant.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites during Spring Break 2012. I was pleased at the service of the hotel. I drove from Kentucky and arrived at the hotel around 11 o'clock. The hotel staff was very nice and the rooms were very clean. There was a spec of dirt here and there but nothing to complain about. The next morning I went downstairs to the breakfast and was pleased with the food selection. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends if they stay up in Mount Pleasant, MI

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for your recent visit to our Hotel. Your feedback is most appreciated, and we value your business. It is with a guest’s insight that we will continue to be able to service you in the Marriott fashion. I’m glad you received a warm welcome after a long trip! It’s great to start a vacation on the right foot! I know that a lot of hours go into working towards a vacation and I’m glad you were able to enjoy yours. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends and family to our town and our hotel.