“A-/B+-Pool needs a good cleaning and so does the "roll-away"”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Noblesville, Indiana
“A-/B+-Pool needs a good cleaning and so does the "roll-away"”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Front desk service, great. Breakfast, fully stocked and warm. Housekeeping, a little slow but pretty good. We arrived late, and as ALWAYS with ANY hotel the roll away we requested was not anywhere to be found, but the front desk obliged and within 15 minutes found us one. However, when it arrived, it was smelly and stained. I honestly was not desperate enough for my 3 year old to sleep on it to have "that thing" stay in the room with us! The pool was also in need of a cleaning, like a scrubbing. It was pretty warm and never crowded, but you could see the 20+ years of chlorine wear on this pool :/ The staff was nice, and everything was in working order, and for a hotel that isn't brand spanking new it was rather nice!

Room Tip: If you need more than 2 queen beds-pass!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Mt. Pleasant. We appreciate all guest feedback both good and in areas that require additional training. After reading your comments we have just received 2 new rollaway and will be ordering more in the near future. We hope that you will consider us again the next time you are visiting the Mt. Pleasant area. We appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
plymouth, mi
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed here 1 night in May 2011. I needed something quiet, clean and close to downtown and this fit the bill. The location is right across from the CMU football stadum, so it would be perfect for games. It was about 2 milws from downtown, which seemed to be about par for devent hotels.

The front desk evening check in and morning check out were friendly and accomodating. The room was quiet, clean and well appointed. The bed was comfortable, the breakfast bar offered and above average selection. and the area around the hotel seemed safe and secure.

A couple minor issues included slow wi-fi, but it worked. Towels were cheap and worn out too. These were pretty forgivable to me as the price was competitive and everything else was satisfactory. Went to take a quick soak in the hot tub the next morning and it was barely even warm, so that was a bummer.

In the end, I would probably stay here again. I'd price check against the comfort suites next door though. it was much nicer than they Baymont I stayed in last time and about the same price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
“Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield!” I am so proud of the staff for being quick, friendly and accommodating for you throughout your stay. We have recently upgraded our internet and look forward to another upgrade in the near future. With your feedback, I have placed an order for a large shipment of new fluffy towels. I have addressed the hot tub issues with maintenance to ensure that all of our guests will be able to relax and have that great soak in the hot tub. I appreciate your feedback as it helped me to improve our hotel for all of our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to your next arrival to the Fairfield Inn & Suites of Mt. Pleasant!
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I recently traveled to Mt. Pleasant for a horse show at the Isabella County fairgrounds. The committee that sponsored the show recommended other hotels in the area, but I've stayed in Fairfield Inns before and like their rooms/continental breakfasts. This hotel was was also very close to the fairgrounds, slightly cheaper then the Hampton Inn in the area (with my AAA discount), and allowed pets.
The staff was very young/college student-esque and their clothing wasn't very "presentable." HOWEVER, they were extremely helpful, friendly and informative (perhaps I shouldn't judge a book by its cover!). I was also surprised they allowed my 60 lbs dog w/o question-I only had to pay a $20 fee. The bathroom was clean and updated, as was the bedding. The air conditioner was REALLY LOUD, as was the bathroom fan. I was a little disappointed at the cereal selection (Raisin Bran, Cheerios, Fruit Loops) and lack of fruit at the continental breakfast , but there were several other breakfast items offered (I'll admit-I'm a picky eater). The pool looked very nice and clean, but I didn't use it for lack of time. Overall this hotel seemed perfectly accepted and I would definitely stay in it again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to discuss your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you will be staying with us again. We would love to welcome your four legged friends at any time and are happy that you were able to bring them along. Thank you for your feedback regarding the front desk attire as well as the air conditioner in your room, I have personally addressed both. I am happy to report that we recently ordered another cereal dispenser so we will be able to have at least one more option for your next stay in the breakfast department. Again we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback.
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Upon arrival the lobby was nice, not too big. We had a suite with a king size bed in one room and a hide-a-bed in the front room. Both rooms were open to each other. The rooms were very well kept, very clean with some nice accent pieces. Enjoyed our time and stay there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mkh57
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thank you for your recent visit to our Hotel. Your feedback is most appreciated, and we value your business. It is with a guest’s insight that we will continue to be able to service you. Our team is committed to exceeding your every expectation and we are sincerely happy that we were able to do so!

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairfield Inn & Suites during your next visit to Mt. Pleasant.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Kalamazoo
Reviewed November 28, 2010

At a first glance, this is a very nice hotel. The issue rests with the details. The room was not very clean. There was a long black hair on the shower, and all of the guests I was with have short hair, so it was obviously not from us. Additionally, there was a half used bottle of shampoo found in the shower. In the main bedroom, under the bedskirt there was a candy wrapper and an old key packet, not to mention excessive amounts of dust. There was also a large amount of dust under the AC unit, beside the bedside table and the bed, and behind the TV. If housekeeping only paid a little more attention to detail when cleaning, and pulled things out and deep cleaned now and then, the rooms would be a lot nicer inside.

The staff was friendly, and the might look a little bit more professional if they were to tuck in their shirts.

Breakfast was OK. Nothing to rave about.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
Please accept this apology for the problems you encountered during your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Mt. Pleasant. I can understand how frustrated you must have been. I can assure you that problem isn’t typical of our standards and I apologize for the inconveniences. I appreciate that you took the time to bring the situation to our attention. Both positive and negative feedback is always a gift. I would love to take the time to talk with you about your stay. Please contact me at 989.775.5000 x 403. I would like to again say that I apologize for the problems you encountered.
New Baltimore, Michigan
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We came to Mt. Pleasant in order to go to a wedding and pick up our daughter from band camp. The first room that was offered to us smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and we immediately asked for another room. There was another room available on the same floor and we were moved to it. This one also smelled of smoke but was not as strong and was the only room available at the time. My wife has asthma and is very sensitive to cigarette smell. The ironic thing is, the hotel had us sign a waiver stating that WE would not smoke in the room. We asked if the second floor was a smoking floor and they stated that this hotel never had smoking rooms in it.

We then left the hotel to visit area relatives and upon returning found that neither my or my wife’s key card worked. We have stayed in enough hotels to know to keep the key away from cell phones and other items. I had mine in my breast pocket with nothing else next to it. The keys were reset without a problem. The next day we picked up our teenage daughter who stayed in the room while we went to the wedding. While at the wedding reception we received a text from her that her key didn’t work after leaving the room for ice. I deliberately used her key prior to leaving to make sure that it did work (which it did at the time). Thankfully the staff did reset her key without the need of our return. However, when we returned, our keys no longer worked.

It was extremely annoying to have our keys reset every time we left the building. We have stayed in this hotel several times before this and did not have such problems.

The breakfast was good but crowded which meant others also found it good.

The "high speed internet" was more like dial-up. Very slow.

I don’t know what the deal was with the keys and smoky rooms but hope that they look into it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to bring the situation to our attention. While I can understand your frustration with your keys and the smoke odor, I want to assure you this is not typical of our standards nor do we take these issues lightly. I apologize for the problems that you experienced, and do hope that you trust that we will address them immediately.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I hope that you will continue to recommend the Fairfield Inn & Suites in the future.
Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2010

On the positive side, this hotel is decorated nicely. They have a decent breakfast,included in the cost of the room. However, just hope you get them on a good day.

The last time I stayed there, there were a few surprises that nobody wants at a hotel; it was not pleasant nor restful. Let's start with the noise. I was laying down resting when suddenly , loud fireworks went off outside. It wasn't a holiday, no one at the desk told me to expect them and it was a jolting surprise. The fireworks lasted for about 40 minutes. They were set off, apparently, directly across the road. Next, There was a bus load of kids (young teens) running up and down the hall till about midnight. Additionally, there were a bunch of rowdy adults partying who got progressively louder as the night wore on into the early morning hours. I didn't get rest that night.

Next morning,to top it off, there was NO hot water. No one on this floor had any. I talked to the desk people,who apologized. After my writing two letters upon my return home, a manager contacted me a week or so later and did not charge me for the one-night stay.

Generally, I have considered this a good hotel in the past. We usually stayed at a Fairfield Marriott or a Holiday Inn Express if available. However, this time at the Fairfield in Mt.Pleasant was so negative that it is a deciding factor in my never staying there again. There are some other nice hotels in Mt. Pleasant that also have good breakfasts,and perhaps better staff communication than that which was displayed at the Fairfield during this stay. I felt it was very poorly managed this time. We actually went over to try a Super 8 nearby for the remainder of our stay ,which is clean,has a similarly decent breakfast,and similar amenities. Their decor isn't as nice but that motel was far quieter and restful even though it is on a very busy street.
I travel to Mt Pleasant regularly but I will never choose this hotel again. There are others that may be more consistent. I would not recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank smartGrandmaN
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to redeem the quality of the Fairfield Inn & Suites in your eyes. The events you experienced are regretful and I truly apologize. We strive to learn from our mistakes and use that knowledge to prevent another scenario for happening. Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites of Mt. Pleasant. I can assure you that problem is not typical of our standards and I apologize for the inconveniences. I appreciate that you took the time to bring the situation to my attention.